Fs 1989 e30 m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3

Hello. As a e30 enthusiast I was wondering if you would be tilling to trade for a 1990 325i with quite a few things done to it. I know you said you are getting older and don't want a car like that anymore but an e30 m3 is my dream cad and I'd love to have one. My 90 has an 885 head, 272 cam, sssquid chip with a custom tune, bigger injectors, spec e30 suspension with all Polly bushings, z3 shifter and lightweight flywheel along with a z3 steering rack, full exhaust, stud conversion. The color is calypsorot and has been repainted recently. It has grey interior and mtech 2 steering wheel. Has euro grill and headlights. Radio delete, fog light delete.

Comment

Gah why aren't these in Canada :( Would have loved to pick it up.

GLWS

Comment

Gah why aren't these in Canada :( Would have loved to pick it up.

GLWS

Comment

I think if the hood/fenders/doors/trunklid are all still original, that will help the resale value. I actually like the color, but I think the black wheels combined with the color ruin it. Wheels can make a HUGE difference on the way a car is perceived.

Are the wheels painted/powdercoated or plastidip?

The ad says the car has 180k, but the cluster looks like it says 280k, could just be a bad pic

The rear seat that you are willing to get, will it be the correct M3 seat?

Im actually considering this... I dont know why though :rofl:

@M3 purists, is the rear badge in the right spot?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Simon, get it :D

The front grille badge needs to be moved inboard. That's easy. The trunk badge is also too far to the right.
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              I think if the hood/fenders/doors/trunklid are all still original, that will help the resale value. I actually like the color, but I think the black wheels combined with the color ruin it. Wheels can make a HUGE difference on the way a car is perceived.

Are the wheels painted/powdercoated or plastidip?

The ad says the car has 180k, but the cluster looks like it says 280k, could just be a bad pic

The rear seat that you are willing to get, will it be the correct M3 seat?

Im actually considering this... I dont know why though :rofl:

@M3 purists, is the rear badge in the right spot?

^
              I have to agree.

The reason these cars go for so much is because of their originality. While your car would be a great driving car, it's barely an M3 now. The heart of the chassis is gone (which even though I agree is an anemic motor for a street car) and that's a huge hit on resale now, the colour is too personal and 95% of people will want to repaint it.($$$$$) to do correctly.
              It's also missing the M3 specific interior, which is getting harder and harder to source.

Even the wheels are wrong.

For most people looking for an m3 at the prices they have become, they are looking for an E30 M3. They are not looking for an M3 bodied parts bin car built by some shop.

And, while I agree that Alpina and Hartge swapped cars are valuable, this car was not built by them.....it was built by some guy, in a shop, using other BMW chassis parts.

I just sold off my M3 due to the rising costs and difficulty in sourcing replacement parts in the future, so I get the swapped drivetrain. If prices were what they were when I bought it 12 years ago, I would have swapped mine also.

Good luck with the sale. It only takes one person to see the car through your eyes, to have it sold. He will come at some point, just don't expect it to sell quickly.
              I think you are getting close at the price it is now.
              Originally posted by codyep3
              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
              2010 F650gs twin
              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

If I sell my e36 in the coming weeks I'll be in contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gotta love the purists, lol! The pricing for the "Godly" E30 M3 is so outrageous these days it isn't funny. The s14 has absolutely no benefit over even an M50 Vanos motor from a "driver's car", reliability or a performance perspective. The only reason that the s14 is worth keeping is for a collector that wants to keep the car's value, or swap it into a 2002 IMO.

I owned an E30 M3 with a properly running, modified s14, than swapped in an s54 6 months later. I had an s52 e30 for 4 years prior to my m3, and the only reason I refreshed the s14 in my M3 project was to put miles on it and have the $5,500 I got for the motor pay for most of the s54 swap.

OP you have an awesome car, it will sell, but you have it posted on a forum with a bunch of cheapasses.

The color looks great and with the suspension it has, it will handle just as well as any slow, sewing machine (s14) powered e30 m3.
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                    Gotta love the purists, lol! The pricing for the "Godly" E30 M3 is so outrageous these days it isn't funny. The s14 has absolutely no benefit over even an M50 Vanos motor from a "driver's car", reliability or a performance perspective. The only reason that the s14 is worth keeping is for a collector that wants to keep the car's value, or swap it into a 2002 IMO.

I owned an E30 M3 with a properly running, modified s14, than swapped in an s54 6 months later. I had an s52 e30 for 4 years prior to my m3, and the only reason I refreshed the s14 in my M3 project was to put miles on it and have the $5,500 I got for the motor pay for most of the s54 swap.

OP you have an awesome car, it will sell, but you have it posted on a forum with a bunch of cheapasses.

The color looks great and with the suspension it has, it will handle just as well as any slow, sewing machine (s14) powered e30 m3.

You've almost inspired me to swap an s52 into my e30 m3, but I'd rather buy this .

Hell is any purists want to buy my e30 m3 with an s14 once it's restored you can have it for 55k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hood/fenders/doors/trunklid are all original. gauge is a a little messed up but mileage is actually around 180k. got carfax for it. im sorry about the color combo lol sheesh. thanks guys.

Comment

Actually the s14 is 60lbs lighter while having more power 192 vs 189 stock and this is with old afm and injection tech and 2 less cylinders.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

but hey, at least i didnt bag it

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            Actually the s14 is 60lbs lighter while having more power 192 vs 189 stock and this is with old afm and injection tech and 2 less cylinders.
                            But at the end of the day it's an on cam engine that has very little torque and is much less consistent. It's not high revving, it burns more gas, and only becomes bearable with an airbox.

The 60lbs is negated by 100# stiffer spring rate up front. If you really want to argue, just throw an aluminum block, single vanos m52 in if you think it makes such a difference (48lbs lighter than the iron block 24v motors). Unless you've owned and driven both s14 powered e30s/M3s AND swapped e30s/m3s, both on street and on the track, than you really can't comment. :p

I don't care about race heritage, the s14 is a giant waste of money unless you turbo it. I still remember annihilating Mariano's "241whp" e30 m3 with my s52 e30. My car cost me less to build then his motor, lol.
                            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Not trying to argue just stating facts that you left out. 60lbs is 60 lbs it doesn't disappear because you increase spring rate. It's always going to be there unless removed somewhere. I have driven S50 e30's and didn't see the night and day difference that many feel coming from a S14 with bolt ons 210rwhp and turbo M20 265rwhp but that's me. Working on swapping my 323 soon too but's not derail the thread any further, after all it is a for sale thread.
                              Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-30-2017, 11:51 PM.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                                [let's] not derail the thread any further, after all it is a for sale thread.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X