Coolant hose set question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant hose set question

I have an 87 325e and pulled the motor and did a complete rebuild on the block and through the 885 head on for plans of boost. I like to consider myself mechanically inclined but strictly with the mechanical part. While I still have the motor out, I want to get a coolant hose set. ECS tuning has a kit for $150 but it looks like it has more hoses than what I originally had in the car. Any recommendations would be awesome and if there is a dummy proof diagram of what hoses go where, that'd be sick. Same goes for a vacuum line set, but I can do that when the motor goes in the car so i'm not as worried. I don't have a garage and pay $130 a month for a storage unit so the sooner I can get this car running, the better. Thanks again. Feel free to make fun of me for only knowing the mechanical part of being a shadetree on the side mechanic.

It literally took me 5 seconds to search and find this.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

samaroo the best website that will help you with finding part numbers and diagrams is probably http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select

If you put in the last 7 digits of your VIN, you can get plenty of diagrams and part numbers for the items you need.

After that it's pretty easy to use ECS, Pelican Parts, Turner, Amazon, or whatever once you have what you are looking for.

Happy hunting!

EDIT: also a Bentley manual for an E30 will help a lot for any kind of mechanical work. As to the vacuum lines on eta cars (like the 325e) there can be significantly more than later 325i motronic cars, so if you get stuck you can always post up a picture of what you have.

Comment

Thanks yall! I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
        X