Another Camber Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Camber Question.

So I just had my LowTec 60/50 kit installed with some Bilstien Sports, the car is awesome however I dont know if i can afford the camber plates yet to straighten them out for street and long trips. Im about to put 1000 miles on the car and am wondering if i should atleast adjust the toe at the alignment shop and weather or not i can install the camber plates later without throwing off the toe alignment.

Pic for clicks.

camber plates = waste of money for street car
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I guess i will have to see how much negative camber i have

Comment

Does anyone know if camber plates after an alignment will throw my toe off?

Comment

not in the front but in the rear you should do both the camber and toe kits

Comment

adjusting your camber does change your toe yes. for some people thats ok because on the track its ok to run a little positve, but when you want to set a streetable camber setting you want your toe zero'ed out.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PaintPro21 View Post
              adjusting your camber does change your toe yes. for some people thats ok because on the track its ok to run a little positve, but when you want to set a streetable camber setting you want your toe zero'ed out.
              +1 to this. Luckily on BMWs adjusting to max negative camber at the track will push your toe out slightly. So the easy solution is to run zero toe or a little toe in on the street, then when you go max negative at the track it toes out a tick, which helps turn-in.

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
              camber plates = waste of money for street car
              Hater... ;)

If its a dual purpose street/track or street/auto-x car, adjustable camber plates are a huge improvement in handling. Even spirited street driving can benefit from additional camber in the front of any mcstrut BMW.

Vorshlag camber/caster plates FTW! 8-)
              Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
              Project Thread for the now-burned-to-a-crisp $2011 GRM Challenge Winning E30 V8 :(

Comment

Working...
              X