Upgrading to Parallel Flow Condenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
    Yup the E30 system just can't handle it. It honestly needs a larger condenser to get past it.
    compressor, condenser, and fan. this applies to r12 too i think. I was pretty much comparing the temperatures too the pdf on your thread about nominal values and it's pretty consistent between r12 and r134a. I guess bmw didn't take AC seriously until after the e30 since the cars before then had jokes of a system
    Last edited by bmwstephen; 07-08-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

don't mean to thread jack but can anyone show me or take a pic on how to jumper the aux fan to run at high speed?

Comment

comp# 64521377946

i've a Bosch compressor that is listed on this non compatibility chart. has anyone had issues with this? there is nothing wrong with my current compressor.

AC repair, 12/86 325iC: in progress

I can get a 4seasons #57400 reman for $200.00
        sigpic
        Reich und Roll!

Comment

Trying to find a condenser and potentially a fan. Need to replace my condenser and figured I'd upgrade and convert while I am at it. Where can I get both and which specific ones should I get?
          sigpicMy Project!

Official North Texas Bimmers Club E30 Representative

www.BimmerAlliance.net

"If you have questions about events or need help in the DFW area don't be afraid to contact me."

Comment

Originally posted by bigdrick323 View Post
            Trying to find a condenser and potentially a fan. Need to replace my condenser and figured I'd upgrade and convert while I am at it. Where can I get both and which specific ones should I get?
            I have a brand new Spal 16" Puller fan here in dallas if you'd like to convert.

Comment

How much

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk 2
              sigpicMy Project!

www.BimmerAlliance.net

"If you have questions about events or need help in the DFW area don't be afraid to contact me."

Comment

How much

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk 2
                Well, it was $85 shipped. All I did was open the box. Never installed or used sooooo, $65 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                  Well, it was $85 shipped. All I did was open the box. Never installed or used sooooo, $65 maybe?
                  See PM.
                  sigpicMy Project!

www.BimmerAlliance.net

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                    man after driving around the peninsula, north, east, and south bay to test out my AC system, I noticed the biggest factor affecting the efficiency of a system is humidity. Could not believe that a dry city like Sacramento would yield better results as much as 10 degrees than places closer to water like Fremont/San Jose under the same temperatures.
                    Recirc is your friend when it is humid. The problem is at least as much, if not more so on the evaporator end. Running recirc dries out the air in the car pretty quickly and gives you decent performance under almost all conditions.
                    2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                    2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                    1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                    1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                    - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                    1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                    1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                    Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Here's what I picked up and what I'm working on right now.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpicMy Project!

www.BimmerAlliance.net

Comment

Here's what I picked up and what I'm working on right now.
                        That appears to be a serpentine condensor
                        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                        Alice the Time Capsule
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

yeah, I asked for parallel flow, but they f'd me, what ya gonna do. It's not worth the effort to send it back and have them send a new one out. I picked up the 16" pull fan from Matt, so now need to get everything back in there. How do I get the 16" fan into the place where the 14" fan used to be???
                          sigpicMy Project!

www.BimmerAlliance.net

Comment

Is it necessary to upgrade the fan when doing a conversion to parallel flow? How big a difference does it make?

Comment

Working...
                            X