NY: 1989 BMW 325i convertible 5 speed white/black leather 57k miles $15k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY: 1989 BMW 325i convertible 5 speed white/black leather 57k miles $15k

I'm posting my convertible for sale just to see if there is any interest. I know the price is high, and I don't mind holding onto it. In fact I'd actually like to keep it at least through August 20th to take on a trip, possibly through next summer, but at the same time I barely use it, put almost no miles on it, have to store it 5 miles down the road from where I live in a heated garage, and I'm not totally prepared right now to keep it for the rest of my life. If I was, I would certainly hold onto it because I don't think I will ever find a better one down the road, and personally I only see the values going up if they are kept in this condition.

As for the car, I bought it from the original owners estate this year. His son and wife are still living and handled the sale. I didn't know much about it, but just hearing the story I knew I had to buy it. The original owner ordered it and picked it up in Germany, euro delivery. It still wears the original German plates he picked it up with. Never seen snow, let alone rain. Always garaged. He ordered the OEM tonneau cover with it. He put the top down once in the spring, and up once in the fall. In between he just used the cover. This kept the top in very good shape and it's original. The rear window is slightly foggy after 28 years though. The tonneau tucks under the rear convertible lid cover, snaps into the side chrome trim pieces, and Velcros to the front edge of the dash board. Technically it is 100% reversible if it wasn't something you liked. You would have to get new chrome trim pieces. The Velcro on the dash does show some glue around the edges as if it's been replaced before. I think it's pretty cool that it's been with the car since new. The seats were also kept in great shape by always being covered and show very minimal wear. The top of the back seat is fine unlike almost every e30 convertible I've seen. He really loved this car and it shows.

No accidents, no paintwork, all original VIN labels. It is still 28 years old and has some mileage on it so I won't call it 100% mint, however it is very very good. A couple of minor scratches here and there. I will have to go back and take close ups because you can't really see anything in these pictures. But off the top of my head, there was one little ding/scratch under the drivers door handle which had a small spot of touch up paint applied. A small scrape by the drivers side rear bumper light which left a couple of lines which were also touched up. Then one very tiny outward facing ding in the trunk lid where it must have been closed with something inside that was slightly too tall. And lastly a couple of minor rock chips up front.

Everything works as it should. A/C is nice and cold, heat is hot, radio sounds good, power antenna works fine, windows are all nice and fast. Unopened medical kit and warning triangle in the trunk. Original cosmoline all over the engine bay. Everything is very original as far as I can tell. I do believe it has a replacement exhaust though. This is my 5th e30, and 9th BMW, and honestly I think it drives the nicest out of any. No matter how you rebuild them there is still something to be said about a nice tight original car that's never been apart. Has the owners manual showing the original owners name and first service being in Germany but it was covered in black marker by the son. You can still read it though. He was slightly paranoid about his information getting out there. He also took all the service records because of that. However, there were actually hardly any records because the owner did his own work on the car. Every spring he did the oil and filter, air filter, and fuel filter no matter the mileage. Also waxed it once in the spring and once in the fall before putting it away. Very old school maintenance type of guy. The timing belt was changed at 44,000 miles and the A/C serviced and converted to r-134a as indicated by stickers under the hood.

Other then that I'll let some pictures do the talking, I'll put a few here and then a link to the rest. And I'll get some close ups of certain items the next time I go to the car. Feel free to ask me any questions through here or Jdagrosa@gmail.com

Also, this is just here for now which I know might not be the best audience for a higher priced car. But I just wanted to get something put out there for now. It will probably go to ebay and BMWCCA classifieds as I get closer to the date that I'm willing to let it go.

Thanks,
    Jason

Oh, and this is not detailed. I highly recommend seeing it in person after it's all shined up.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Nice vert, glws

Sent from my Note5

Comment

Love that cover!

Comment

Looks like my storage situation may change down the road so I think I'm going to get a little more realistic about selling this car. I'll probably post it on the cca classifieds at the end of this weekend for $12,900 obo. So that gives you a better idea of what I'll take for the car.

Comment

Still available?

Is your E30 still available? what's your asking price now?

Comment

it is still available. Got to take it on the trip I wanted to as well, so now once again becoming a little more serious about letting it go. Just hit exactly 58,000 miles and I just posted a BMWCCA ad and listed it at $11,900

Comment

And one last update. It's now on bringatrailer with no reserve. Someone could end up picking it up for a nice price.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1989 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #2,418.

Comment

Working...
              X