Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 Lightweight/ Low inertia Alternator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 Lightweight/ Low inertia Alternator...

Hi Guys,

Probably need to replace the alternator on my track car this weekend- already running lightweight Varley battery etc. but if I'm going to replace the alternator anyway i would rather upgrade, Just wondering if you guys have any recommendations on lightweight alternators which i could upgrade to at the same time?

I Do have a couple of motorcycle ones here, but they will need pulleys making up etc and i don't currently have the time.

Just wondering if there is something off the shelf, or nearly off the shelf i can bolt on?

Thanks in advance!

Ant

Not bolt, but the smallest ND alternator's really small, pretty light, and low- inertia.

It's what you see on Nascarr stuff- for $250. At the pull-a-part, I get them from Chevy Sprints for the 2002,
    and Subaru Justys for the tii- mounted version. They're up to $25, but I always steal the connectors and brackets, too, as it's a head- start on making your own.

I have found them to be very durable in track use on the M10, and they're good for 50 amps. Reliably. A larger pulley doesn't seem to affect idle voltage too much, either.

But you'd have to splice and make a bracket.

fwiw,

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Thanks Toby, looks great, Will definitely try and get my hands on one of these.

:):)

Comment

Working...
      X