• Show
Clear All

what is that drain pipe in the back...lol
    sigpic
    323i MTEC1
    Z3 coupe
    E60 M5

Comment

Update. The console is in. I had to modify it to fit around my Hydro Ebrake. You'll notice some cuts along the way to clear lines and reservoir.

I've not finished mounting the window switches. Those will be going in place of the stock ebrake boot, via a plastic plate with the switches mounted to it, or a plastic plate where the reservoir is and I'll mount them up top. Haven't decide yet.

The front AND rear cigarette lighter works, and I'm working on the USB and Auxiliary port connection in the center console area.

I am also having a custom filler for the section at the front of the console where the gap is between the dash. This will likely house a tablet for my gauges as well.

Also you'll notice the shift boot is not complete. I have to rework the boot with new material. The old boot would not play nice. I had to cut up the stock auto surround, but it came out ok. Will look much nicer this weekend when the boot is finished

Overall it came out nice and is SOOOOO much more comfortable then my old Husco armrest. The cup holder is useful in the console.

I'll provide more updates as I button it up, and I'll get pics from the passenger side too.

And the car as it sits now
      - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
      Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

Originally posted by SLEEPYDUB View Post
        And the car as it sits now
        oh man off topic but what rear apron is that ?? :shock:
        Your car is dope as hell !
        FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
        My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

Comment

It's an early 80s Zender

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Important exhaust edit I see :nice:

Nice work with the installation! The aesthetic is a bit jarring but it does fit there pretty well.

A bit off topic, but could I ask a favor? Could you measure the inside height of each piece of that rear apron? I have one set that got crushed and need to make aluminum panels to hold them in shape.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

This is actually really interesting. I have a spare E82 sitting in my garage (people swap the center consoles between the 1 Series and 3 Series). I'm going to try and swap them when I get home.
              1985 325e Sedan, 1986 325e Sedan, 2006 BMW X5, 2012 M3 Sedan, 2013 135is, 2017 M3 Sedan ZCP Competition

Comment

UPDATE:

I've mocked up the under dash hvac panel to fit in with the console to cover up hvac case and side panel. This is just a test fit to see what was involved, i have a whole other console piece to make pretty and fit in there soon.

I made an aluminum plate to cover up the ebrake boot that is not being used. I will possibly mount additional switches to it in the future, but for now its just a cover.

The shift boot is only sitting in there, it is not finished, i have an alacantra boot that is being finished this week to install.

The area where the reservoir is at for the hydro will have a 3d printed plate to hold the window switches. It will wrap around the edge of the reservoir so that it is slightly exposed.

Almost there!
                Attached Files

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                  X