X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice work. i would have been scared as hell to do that lol

Comment

these pics don't look terribly clear.

it looks like the dent is gone but the paint seems awfully flat there, and as was said, wetsanding with 600 is much too abrasive on the final coat.
      8380 Laboratories
      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

closer up pics in better lighting?
        sigpic

Comment

Looking back on my work I have to admit that my choice of sand paper was inappropriate.. Def use 600 grit as your lowest for doing just bondo and 1-1.5-2k for the painted areas + high speed polishing.

On the other hand, I must admit that 2 years later no one has ever noticed it.

sorry no other pics, car is sold.

I will edit my post to clear up the bad info
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

WOW fucking amazing!

Comment

Nice job man! I have many small dings from previous owner who is a dumbass that im going to be poppin out.
              sigpic
              Strategic Alpine Command

Comment

This really is a great post. The haters are way off on this one. Good job.
                I'm fixing some rust spots on my car right now, and its always nice to see other work that same out well:up:

24V M50, M3 cams, Turner Tune, full exhaust, ect....

Comment

I know this thread is old...but I just recently bought my first e30 and this seemed like the exact title I would have used i figured better just do it here! Anyway...

I was at a music festival last weekend and in the car camping lot some dude ran into my tail light i didn't want to get insurance involved and the reason I bought this car was with the intention of all issues being DIY and me learning as much as a possible in the process. Blessing in disguise, heres my first chance at body work!!! (and to same myself $400) Woohoo!

(i tried to embed the image bellow, I'm a n00b so tell me if it didnt work)

Basically I just want some leads on different ways of tackling this problem to I can do some research and find the most feasible method for my situation (college student that lives in apartment).

So far I have concluded slide hammer is my best bet, but i really dont want to be screwing holes into my body if I can avoid it. This really isnt the kind of dent I can bondo as it need to go "in" rather than "out".

Let me know what you guys come up with!

Comment

Working...
                  X