1988 325iX. $1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 325iX. $1500

For sale: 1988 325iX 2dr coupe. 159xxx miles. No rot. A few areas of surface rust underneath. This was my winter driver here in NH, while my 911 was sleeping. I bought the car in 2011 in Oregon (a no-salt area). I'm selling because I need to haul kids to hockey games, and kids + hockey bags don't fit. Although it runs fine, it should be considered a project as it'll need some tinkering (details below). 5 speed. The 88's came with all options, heated leather sport seats, m technic steering wheel etc. Asking 1500

The good:

- Maintenance records back to 2004 (when it had 117k miles)

- Koni shocks/struts, control arms/bushings,water pump and timing belt in 2011/2012

- Stainless cat-back (about 6 months ago)

- Comes with 9 basket weaves. Most are pretty good, a few have dings, all (besides the spare) could use cleaning up. 4 hubcaps included. Car is currently on studded snows, needs new summer tires.

- Runs and drives, currently inspected

Could be better:
    - Viscous coupler in the transfer case is expired. It won't pass the jack test. This means that the car acts like an AWD car with an open center differential. I've driven it this way for the entire time I've had it, never got motivated enough to replace it. While transfer cases are difficult to find, they aren't impossible to find. I was quoted 895$ for a used one, or 1195 to rebuild this one from:

Transfer Case Shop
    888-909-4839

- Left rear caliper can be sticky. Needs to be taken off and rebuilt probably.

- the power steering pump leaks a bit

- drivers seat is torn, and the forward tilt mechanism isn't working

- a couple small cracks in the dash

- radio isn't working, and the retractable antenna broke. I replaced with a cheap autozone antenna, but it leaks and allows water into the trunk. This should be replaced before rust develops.

- OBC not working

I have a bunch of pictures, but can't get them to show up properly... PM for more.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dirty911; 10-20-2014, 05:40 PM.

Pm me, I might be interested and I am in nh as well. I also have many extra parts including TC's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I might be interested. How's the rust situation in the common trouble spots? ALso, auto or manual?

Thanks
      - Colin

Comment

Thanks for the interest. I edited the post above. It's a stick.

No serious rust, the usual spots like battery tray and front quarters are good.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Dirty911; 10-20-2014, 06:47 PM.

Comment

More photos (getting the hang of it)
          Attached Files

Comment

One more. I've been a lurker here, and would really rather sell it to someone who knows what it is, than sell it to a Random CL guy.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey, Ide be interested in some more pictures, you have PM
              CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!
              Instagram: @centerbarmotorsport
              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/centerbarmo...?ref=bookmarks

The Fleet:
              -1984 325ei Lapis
              -1991 325ix Diamond
              - 2005 X5 4.4i Black Sapphire

-1972 2002tii Fjord - SOLD 7/8/17
              -1991 325i S50 ///Sterling Silver/// - SOLD 9/15/17

The Bike:
              -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

...too bad you are all the way NE. You should get full asking price without any issues.
                1997 328i - SOLD
                1991 325is - SOLD
                2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
                1991 318is
                2011 328i xDrive
                2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Sold.

Comment

Working...