Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jap/euro spec 320i slicktop 78k manual/b25 swap no ac no abs no rust no leaks $10k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jap/euro spec 320i slicktop 78k manual/b25 swap no ac no abs no rust no leaks $10k

Toronto based
    Original LazurBlau euro 320i automatic with a cracked head*
    Arrived in rust free BC initially, came to Ontario and blown head so no driving
    Owned by retired grandma who treated it like a 'fancy corolla'
    Picked up and stored in dry garage with car cover
    Slowly worked on it and sent it out for stuff I couldn't do for about 4years of ownership.
    Driven for first time in last two months....

Insured/plated/safety certificate, so can drive to you within reason - headed to GA with it for family visit within 2months October/early November - so intercept me along my Toronto to Georgia path.

Drivetrain came from a rust bucket 325is with low mileage (158km verifiable)

Just Swapped everything over - the owner did extensive engine work and gave up when he saw what was under the carpet.....I grabbed it at this point after doing a carfax to verify km and work done.

Then I did the following -

trans resealed front rear
    Valve adjustment so no ticking
    New battery (it's in the engine bay but can easily be moved to trunk)
    head gasket done within 1000km of purchase (head looks new)

Newer clutch so reused
    resurfaced flywheel,
    Shifter linkage bushings new
    New Shifter seal
    New trans fluid
    New oilpan gasket
    New valve cover gasket
    Resealed (side gaskets) of the 3.73 LSD with redline gear oil

sedan specific black leather sport seats (heated but not including harness as the car didn't come with it) from an ix - zero rips and frame good!
    Husco elbow rest with integrated cup holder (a little worn on top but looks feels ok)
    Black door cards
    Rear headrests with ski pass through (the actual bag included)
    Cluster fully functional

Bilstein sport all around NEW
    H&R sport springs (used, from a donor, mileage unknown but drive perfect)
    New dual in/out OE exhaust cat back (deep sound)
    Stock cat
    Stock manifold
    Stock engine bay
    Stock bbs 14' weaves with new 215 60 14 General Tires
    Euro grill/lights
    OE mtech2 two piece wing
    Regular non 'is' lip
    Headlight adjustment feature...... which don't work!
    Fogs
    Many uninstalled bushings, sway bar tabs, offset solid bushings and control arms
    Most new parts OE
    Sport steering wheel leather and stitching good
    Leather boot/handbrake
    Handbrake fully functional with lots of life
    All hardlines clean n smooth

Carpet removed (smooth cut around heater core and completely invisible) power washed and dried outside ......$16 lol of power cleaning every inch(one week transaction but payoff is actually clean carpet)
    *my second time, highly recommended

After market deck with USB with remote... Alpine

New rotors and pads

Best part is ....
    78500 km (not miles) on body (158000 on b25/g260/373 LSD verifiable!)
    Absolutely zero rust including the bottom (even the bolts on the exhaust)
    NO roof slicktop
    NO abs
    NO ac....
    My aim was to reduce weight so *Removed AC and brackets (included with plumbing) and the engine arms were replaced with b20 *euro aluminum arms from the original engine

The original m20b20 and automatic trans with ac weighed more than current set up and when done, the original springs actually gave the car a slight 'lift'. Not very desirable so I went with the used h&r springs instead....includes original springs if you want to go back to stock..

Before I could put it on the road this summer, I had to get a professional appraisal for the insurance company. And they would not insure it unless it exceeded $10k. It was appraised at $11k mainly because of the engine swap as it was not original and paint being 7.5 out of 10 (certificate valid for 5years with insurance approved appraiser unless further improved, in which case it would need a re appraisal/inspection). The roof has scratches and a few dents all over. But overall, unless you are nitpicky, it's in pretty good shape. Paint job would make it perfect .....negotiable but prefer you do it yourself.

Crack free dash

Needs absolutely nothing and it will include a full tune up kit including timing belt Waterpump plugs rotor cap etc etc. so no need to take my word for it.

The bad stuff is BOTH door locks need work so need to open/close from trunk

Tons of stuff I'm forgetting I'm sure - will add as I recall but this is as thorough a disclosure as I could muster.

The weaves will be black including the caps and an unpainted spare with 195 65 14 tire

I'm thinking $10999 obo Canadian or $10K firm US in cashish (deposit required)

I can text you more detailed pictures than you can get lap dances .....

Please PM as I'm not interested in e30 pricing psychotherapy .....

Let us please keep this polite as you can expect that in return

Thank you
    Last edited by e30sequel; 09-06-2014, 09:58 PM.

You do realize that $10k Canadian is $9k in US dollars?
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Yes fair enough thank you for that.....corrected

It would be a fair mission to drive the car stateside AND find our way back....price is negotiable within reason however

(I'm going straight south from Toronto towards Florida so any state in the way includes getting off the hwy and delivery to yo mama house if required)

*(the ride will be preceded by a flush of almost everything liquid)

Please PM any concerns/offers and I will reply ASAP
      Last edited by e30sequel; 09-06-2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Here's some progressive pictures

Starting with the m20b25/g260 vin number, resealed oil pan and z3 shifter/bushings, aluminum engine arms etc

Then it gets lowered/aligned with original bbs weaves (now all black with black caps)
        Last edited by e30sequel; 09-07-2014, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Within a few days/week of appraisal, I moved forward with more .....
          Now lowered and interior/exterior

Car wash ......now brand new clean carpet

More recent events include tires and blacked out weaves and rear headrests .....more pix coming .....

PM if you want it or have concerns please

Comment

This body will last longer than your relationship .....offended yet?!

Plus the bonus of rebuilt OEM m20, OEM resealed getrag 260, OEM shift linkage bushings, OEM seals, OEM resealed 3.73 medium case LSD, OEM wheels with caps in black, OEM leather interior, OEM exhaust, OEM ecu, OEM intake/complete engine bay.....if you have ways of improving the billions of dollars in bmw engineering prowess.....it will cost 10k and you can go for it, and I have already initiated the non OEM but proven upgrades like the bilstein shocks and h&r sport springs which are very moderate and not punishing, as well as the z3 shifter (rambling, run on money shift anyone?)

And a set of extras that will address any future mechanical problems
            example - fuel pump, starter, alternator, icv etc etc

More recent pictures to come. Every time you fire it up and drive it, it will remind you of why you spent $10k on a 25year old box.
            Last edited by e30sequel; 09-14-2014, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Buy it for $10k (please PM your offers)
              Enjoy for a decade

Delivery to your door within a month unless sold prior to trip down south
              Last edited by e30sequel; 09-18-2014, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Paint is now offered with a $1000 deposit. That means I pay the other half. All one color is what I have in mind, including one of two options.
                E30 late Racing Dynamics front and rear bumper covers (original) NO skirts
                Or
                One piece 'fake' mtech2 front and rear bumper covers. It will include the side panels. This will compliment the real mt2 spoiler.

So paint and a kit for a total of $11000. Painted to match. Just google it for pix.

$11000 with picture documentation of the process as well a useless Canadian guarantee on the paint work, but it's there. Will put on bra for the stone chips I will likely induce on the ride to our meet up location.

Confused? Reread or please PM.

Thank you.
                Last edited by e30sequel; 09-23-2014, 07:17 AM.

Comment

PM bump

Thank you looking

PM for any concerns

Comment

$9000 US cashish or bank transfer - no paint as is (7.9 outta 10 as is)

Paint will happen by months end

Grab it while price flexible

Drives better than 90% of cars on the road

Drive it
                    Vin check
                    Taxes
                    Insurance
                    Sign

Its yours

Comment

Two weeks

Bump

Comment

interesting car.. good luck with sale!
                        91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                        ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Hey
                          Thanks for bump.....nice steering wheels i must say...
                          Replies good but no one following up....

Update - work/family dictates i stay longer in toronto as family also delayed florida visit...
                          Then paint delayed
                          Then a slicktop 318is in alpine caught me eye....(soon, soon, ;)
                          Then then then.....

Price drop is what .....

8000 firm delivered to michigan (detroit/sarnia) OR buffalo /niagara falls
                          Sorry for any invonvenience for those anticipating a US run

8k with safety and emissions test as it is, which is house of pancakes hot
                          *not including shipping anywhere i cannot quickly drive to and come back from.

Pm please

Comment

$8000 firm bump

Comment

Could you explain to us a bit more why this car commands the price you want for it?

Any rarity of the 320i badge was butchered when you swapped in the m20b25 engine, which right now makes it a plain jane 4 door 325i, or am i missing something?

Comment

Working...
                              X