Euro Loveland GTG - Saturday, November 14th, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was it in the shop?

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

The M? Lots of reasons, but let's just say I'm never going to BimmerHaus again. I'll tell you the story but I'd rather not air my dirty laundry in public.

Btw, Cal is THE MAN. Autosport Werks for the epic win.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

It's all good, shoot me an email if u want.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Oh, and Roland, Thx for the drive info. I'm up in the air about it. Dunno what my mood will be like.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
            The M? Lots of reasons, but let's just say I'm never going to BimmerHaus again. I'll tell you the story but I'd rather not air my dirty laundry in public.

Btw, Cal is THE MAN. Autosport Werks for the epic win.
            Cal at Autosport Werks is awesome. And I can trust Chris at SCR with my car any day of the week. But I agree with you on Bimmerhaus, $136 for an alignment? No thank you. And it seems like whenever I call them, they can't give me a clear answer on a question I have, so I end up calling Chris anyways.

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
            Oh, and Roland, Thx for the drive info. I'm up in the air about it. Dunno what my mood will be like.
            Not a problem. I'm not sure if I will be going on the drive or not, but I will definitely be at the meet!

Comment

Hahaha.... I called around after installing my coilovers. Bimmerhaus first, wanted $124 to for just a front end alignment... I just about gagged. Called SCR, and It was less than half that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                Cal at Autosport Werks is awesome. And I can trust Chris at SCR with my car any day of the week. But I agree with you on Bimmerhaus, $136 for an alignment? No thank you. And it seems like whenever I call them, they can't give me a clear answer on a question I have, so I end up calling Chris anyways.
                I've never been to SCR but from the word of mouth I've heard they're quite reputable...sad thing is so is Bimmerhaus's word of mouth. I doubt I'll go anywhere aside from Autosport unless I have to; my family has been going there for over 15 years religiously and have never been disappointed.

Anyway, I'll see you all at the meet! I may or may not go for the drive, depends what vibe I get from the other drivers.
                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate having Cal work on my e30. I'd take it there for anything major-ish as opposed to anywhere else. Cal is an e30 guy... simple as that. I bought my e30 from him in fact....

Bimmerhaus does have a good reputable word of mouth, and our mutual friend David seems to only go there. HOWEVER, I kinda noticed, Bimmerhaus does mostly e36s? I could be wrong, but it seems all the known cars that come outta the shop are e36s with a few exceptions. SCR was great, and I knew Chris from autocrossing long before I even knew he worked there. Chris set up my coilovers and overall, I'm decently satisfied. Every time I'm there I see more VW and Subaru than BMW. Nothin wrong with that, just seems like they do more VW (even though Chris has a nice M3).

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate having Cal work on my e30. I'd take it there for anything major-ish as opposed to anywhere else. Cal is an e30 guy... simple as that. I bought my e30 from him in fact....
                    That is very true, Josh and Cal were saying evil things about 300hp strokers last time I was there. I got mine from Josh as well.

Bimmerhaus does have a good reputable word of mouth, and our mutual friend David seems to only go there. HOWEVER, I kinda noticed, Bimmerhaus does mostly e36s? I could be wrong, but it seems all the known cars that come outta the shop are e36s with a few exceptions. SCR was great, and I knew Chris from autocrossing long before I even knew he worked there. Chris set up my coilovers and overall, I'm decently satisfied. Every time I'm there I see more VW and Subaru than BMW. Nothin wrong with that, just seems like they do more VW (even though Chris has a nice M3).
                    Haha I don't think so, he's been going to Autosport more and more. Thing is tho, this was on my e36 m3 and not my e30....

SCR's in Loveland, right? I take my scoob there once it gets some more fun parts....like a twin screw.....I'm retarded.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Yeah, I didn't know he's been going to Autosport. He's gone right now anyway, for school I believe, I dunno where he went though lol. And... Yeah, I realized afterward that it was the M, not the e30. I kinda forgot u had both. SCR is in Loveland, and yes, retarted... lol

Supercharge an S52 swap e30... That's what's cookin in my mind now.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't know he's been going to Autosport. He's gone right now anyway, for school I believe, I dunno where he went though lol. And... Yeah, I realized afterward that it was the M, not the e30. I kinda forgot u had both. SCR is in Loveland, and yes, retarted... lol

Supercharge an S52 swap e30... That's what's cookin in my mind now.
                        Haha yea...my inventory is going to go down here soon.

Don't do the s/c'd S52, swap in an S50B32 or S54 with Alex's kit. $3500 electronics, $3500 motor, $1k additional parts like e34 oil pan bits: BAM instant 320whp on stock motor, double vanos, standalone. I'm not kidding either. You'd spend more to s/c an s52 for worse powerband and significantly shittier reliability and fuel economy. Your peak numbers may be higher but peak numbers are retarded anyway.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I emailed you back, including my details about my weekend trip, my impressions. We should talk, cause i wanna utilize what you've already learned / researched. Even if the swap isn't happening like, SOON, I wanna at least have it all decided so I can maybe collect some stuff here and there.

Comment

No one better be doing any S50/S52 swaps without me!! i need to learn about the swap as much as i can, because i am seriously interested in an S50 swap in the future. As hardy and charismatic the M42 is, its just not enough.

And also i just scored some brand new tires off CL for cheap and got them mounted on my Koseis, so its a go for the Loveland meet!

Comment

I'm excited for this. Hopefully there will be a good turnout

Comment

Hahaha.... I called around after installing my coilovers. Bimmerhaus first, wanted $124 to for just a front end alignment... I just about gagged. Called SCR, and It was less than half that.
                                Yep, $92 for all four wheels. And that's before discounts. :)

Bimmerhaus does a lot of E36 work, but they do other stuff. SCR does a lot more BMW stuff than meets the eye. They keep a lot of their BMW stuff in another building, but check out their facebook page if you want to see some more of their stuff. But yes, they do a lot of generic subie/vw/audi work too, and that's why they are so successful.

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                                I'm excited for this. Hopefully there will be a good turnout
                                There should be. The responses from most of the boards and facebook has been good.

Comment

Working...
                                X