Any CAD users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any CAD users here?

I'm a CAD Admin for a medical company. I've been using PTC's Pro/Engineer for 11 years. Prior to that, I designed armored vehicles and security doors using AutoCad.

How about you guy's?
    Last edited by pfahls1; 10-28-2010, 07:57 AM.
    1986 BMW 325es
    2006 BMW 325i
    2003 GMC Envoy

Autocad/Prosteel. Just over 3 years now. I do big, ugly, industrial type stuff.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Autocad since 2002.
      Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Autocad since 1999
        Autodesk Inventor since 2001
        Microstation since 2007
        Solidworks since 2007

I prefer Autodesk Inventor for 3D modeling
        I dont like Microstation much luckily I dont have to use it anymore

Im learning Ansys right now for FEA. much harder than Solidworks or Inventor

Comment

My 3d modeling in acad '02 is so point to point.

Comment

it's funny because even though I do 3D modeling withing the framework of Autocad, it doesn't do any of the modeling itselt (thankfuly, Acad is terrible at 3D). Prosteel handles everything. I don't even use any Autocad commands, except the occasional construction line..
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I've learned most of them but I currently use Autodesk Inventor for our mechanical designs. Ultra-high vacuum systems.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Rhinoceros 4? I'm not so thrilled about it, I'd like to learn solidworks and autocad.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  it's funny because even though I do 3D modeling withing the framework of Autocad, it doesn't do any of the modeling itselt (thankfuly, Acad is terrible at 3D). Prosteel handles everything. I don't even use any Autocad commands, except the occasional construction line..
                  Yea its terrible. But Ive been using it so much, I can't apply the concept of Inventor. I get what Im suppose to do. But I haven't used it enough to understand actually drawing with constraints. You know, like how to start.

Comment

I'm a mechanical designer.

I used to work for an engineering firm that had a bunch of different customers that all seemed to use different CAD systems.

I was trained in Pro/E, AutoCAD, and Solidworks.

I now work for a small vacuum coating company designing and assembling new coating systems. I work in Solidworks and just a small amount in AutoCAD.

I recently became a CSWP.

I need to go back to school and finish my BA.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
                    2008 VW Rabbit
                    1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

I started using Autocad 9 when I was 10 years old. That's right, version 9. We kept buying the updates until Autocad 2004. We pretty much don't need anything past that. In fact, I still use Autocad 14 for the most part. Don't laugh.

Comment

Catia V5 all day, errryday

Comment

I've heard a lot of talk about Catia. I've never used it though.

1988 Bronzitbeige Metallic 325e 2-door S50 turbo (OO=( )=OO)
                          2008 VW Rabbit
                          1991 Audi 200 20vtq Wagon

Comment

I started out with AutoCAD 10, took the 8 hour SolidWorks Certification Exam and passed back in 2005. I work for a company that makes Medical Devices. SolidWorks all the way!!

Comment

This is a 12mm vetebral mill I did a few years back. It mills bone from your disc space (once removed) to slide in a disc replacement. The geometry on the cutting edges was the most challenging thing to model.
                              Attached Files
                              1986 BMW 325es
                              2006 BMW 325i
                              2003 GMC Envoy

Comment

Working...
                              X