Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My audio install- Luke box, MS8, 500/5, 10W3v3, and more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks very clean. let us know how the fronts perform.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
    my feedback thread

Comment

your trunk is so damn clean!

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
      ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
      Originally posted by JakeP
      with a coathanger

Comment

Very nice.

God - I love clean installs.
        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
          looks very clean. let us know how the fronts perform.
          Originally posted by jasonsnoddy View Post
          your trunk is so damn clean!
          Originally posted by Simon S View Post
          Very nice.

God - I love clean installs.
          Thanks!

I already had the whole system running, I just added another amp to the system. The fronts sound real good, soundstage is right above the dash. I love it.

You wouldn't believe that I got all the trunk liner parts from junkyard. I would like to replace the floormat in there because the spare tire cover is broken into lots of pieces.

Nürburgring info

Comment

Latest addition to the trunk install....

Nürburgring info

Comment

What is that channel you are using to hide the wires?

How did you mount the C43 to the heater control panel? Any pictures?

How are you wiring component front channel AND tweeter sails? Are you putting a passive crossover between the components and the tweeters? Or are you using a separate amplifier channel for the components and the tweeters?

How can I source one of those beautiful interior trunk lid panels?

Lookin’ good!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsbark26 View Post
                What is that channel you are using to hide the wires?
                That's just normal plastic electrical conduit that I spray painted grey.

How did you mount the C43 to the heater control panel? Any pictures?
                I don't have any pictures, but I just followed what others on R3V have done. If you search for C43 or CD43 you should come up with some other write ups.

How are you wiring component front channel AND tweeter sails? Are you putting a passive crossover between the components and the tweeters? Or are you using a separate amplifier channel for the components and the tweeters?
                Components are on the JL 300/2; they have their own passive crossover for the tweets. Sailpanel tweets are run off the 25w section of the JL 500/5, they also have their own passive crossover strictly used for tweeter protection. The JBL MS8 is doing all the crossover action for all the channels.

How can I source one of those beautiful interior trunk lid panels?
                I ordered mine through BavAuto. The dealer here in Germany said they were NLA...

Lookin’ good!
                Thanks!

Nürburgring info

Comment

You should make a small beauty panel for the MS8 like you did the JL amps. Would clean it up even more.

This is one of my favorite e30 installs for sure and that MS8 has me tempted.
                  "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                  -----------------------------------------
                  91 318is Turbo Sold
                  87 325 Daily driver Sold
                  06 4.8is X5
                  06 Mtec X3
                  05 4.4i X5 Sold
                  92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                  90 325i Sold
                  97 328is Sold
                  01 323ci Sold
                  92 325i Sold
                  83 528e Totaled
                  98 328i Sold
                  93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                    You should make a small beauty panel for the MS8 like you did the JL amps. Would clean it up even more.

This is one of my favorite e30 installs for sure and that MS8 has me tempted.
                    Yeah, I plan on doing just that, but the weather has been pretty crappy and I've been real busy at work so I haven't had the time to make the panel for the MS8.

It doesn't help that it's party season here in Germany so pretty much every weekend is booked.... lol

Nürburgring info

Comment

How did you mount the ms8 in that space? Wood backing? I have been thinking about doing that in my trunk.

Looks Great!!

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Do you have the part number from BAv Auto?

Comment

Originally posted by hfabricius View Post
                          How did you mount the ms8 in that space? Wood backing? I have been thinking about doing that in my trunk.

Looks Great!!
                          Thanks!

Yeah, I used some wood backing. 1"x3" wood to make a frame then used some metal muffler straps and bolted the frame into a few places in the trunk. Like I said, I still have to get around to making the trim piece.

I'm kinda waiting on that because I still would like to either find some carpet dye to match it all or get more carpet like what Luke includes in his box and just glue that over the trunk liner pieces.

Originally posted by stormspike View Post
                          Do you have the part number from BAv Auto?
                          51 49 1 916 246 Just plug that into the search field in BavAuto and it should come up.

Nürburgring info

Comment

I know this is years old, but any chance of getting some pics of how that amp is mounted on the left side of the trunk?

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Originally posted by potatomash View Post
                              I know this is years old, but any chance of getting some pics of how that amp is mounted on the left side of the trunk?
                              Sorry, I don't have any pics of that. That's the MS-8 DSP on the left side. I have it mounted to 1"x3" boards that are wedged into that space. The cover is made out of carpet-covered cardboard (I know, LMAO, but it works). I added LED lights to the trunk and put the switch on the MS-8 cover.

Last edited by Dirtboy; 04-23-2015, 08:02 PM.

Nürburgring info

Comment

Sad day today, just sold the E30. :(

Nürburgring info

Comment

Working...
                                X