Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tinkerputzer's 3.1L m20 stroker and e30 build (Update on post 64)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice build!

J

Comment

Well Done!

Comment

Bahh, All of the pictures are dead! What were the dyno numbers??

Comment

Pics work for me. 218 ft/lbs wtq 210 whp.

Comment

Sweet! They are working now. Nice numbers. Im in the process of a similar M20 build for my e21 swap.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
              Gauges:

Did you make this pod? I love it, I need it, please share. Beautiful work overall!

Comment

Thanks. I got it from parker performance.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                  Thanks. I got it from parker performance.

http://www.parkerperformance.com
                  Last question - is yours the leather covered option?

Comment

I just noticed your build, looks great! some great parts that work well together. you can beat the piss out of that clutch and it will last a long time. This is the bottom end I should have built - would have cost me another $300. :|

regarding the cam - I'm not a huge fan of the MM cams. I guess you have to pass a sniffer test? are you in California? If it were me, I'd swap it out for a Schrick 284/272 - will open up the top end, and with a 3.1l you really won't lose a lot in the lower end (plus, it's dual pattern, so it shouldn't lose much anyway). Can use your adjustable cam gear and play with the torque curve a bit.

If you wanted to get wild, could also do a 288 - but I think you'd want sequential injection to go with that, or the idle won't be much fun.

or, leave it alone. like they say, if it ain't broke...
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                      I love threads like this that boil down TONS of work into a single post. There's an insane amount of work captured here. That torque is massive! Love it!
                      Ha! I was just thinking that as I read this thread... despite it being old!

Awesome stuff o/p, how's the car holding up?
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

That is freaking amazing! And all the detail It makes me want to cry and want a job to do such things
                        I Say... that is some awesome shit!

'86 325e- (parts car)
                        '89 325i- DD and project aka "Shirley"

Progress thread for Shirley

Comment

Last question - is yours the leather covered option?
                          Leather covered.

I just noticed your build, looks great! some great parts that work well together. you can beat the piss out of that clutch and it will last a long time. This is the bottom end I should have built - would have cost me another $300.

regarding the cam - I'm not a huge fan of the MM cams. I guess you have to pass a sniffer test? are you in California? If it were me, I'd swap it out for a Schrick 284/272 - will open up the top end, and with a 3.1l you really won't lose a lot in the lower end (plus, it's dual pattern, so it shouldn't lose much anyway). Can use your adjustable cam gear and play with the torque curve a bit.

If you wanted to get wild, could also do a 288 - but I think you'd want sequential injection to go with that, or the idle won't be much fun.

or, leave it alone. like they say, if it ain't broke...
                          Thanks nando! Yeah in california so have to be able to pass smog. Must of read my mind. Now running a schrick 284/272 :) Best of both worlds. Decided to shy away from the 288/288 for smog reasons. Will play with the cam gear on the next dyno visit. I'll post up some numbers when the time comes.

Awesome stuff o/p, how's the car holding up?
                          Thanks! I've had a few issues here and there but more on that later. For the most part it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.
                          Last edited by tinkerputzer; 04-12-2013, 08:15 PM.

Comment

The m20 itself is a sleeper!
                            E30 buildy things
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

This is build is sweet!! Wish it was 24v tho :)
                              I bet that m20 sounds biblical

Comment

I must say, This was one of the most educational, awesome, inspiring thread i have seen pretaining to M20s. A tip of the hat to you. well done my good sir.
                                Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X