No announcement yet.

Any of you cats do iRacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have played the Simbin stuff, and while I liked those games, they feel a lot more "arcade-y" than iRacing. iRacing requires a pretty serious dedication of time and, yes, money to have any real fun with it. BUT, where the free games will often be filled with d-bags who just want to wreck people or dick off, you know everyone else in an iRace paid just like you did, and are far more likely to take the competition aspect seriously. There is no comparison on realism, iRacing wins hands-down.

Comment

I quite enjoy iRacing, but you have to get out of Rookie to enjoy yourself. For me the structure (racing on the hour depending on class), qualification, and real race lengths as well as real driver changes for the longer races such as 12 hrs of sebring, makes it awesome.

Comment

I just ran my first race in a couple of weeks and had a decent time. I've mostly been running in the Ruf C-Spec (GT3 Cup Car) with the Daytona Prototypes. This week was Road Atlanta which I happen to be very familiar with so I was a bit quicker than usual. I didn't have much time this week so I was barely able to squeak in a race tonight, but I managed to get in without qualifying. There were only one split with about 5 or 6 of us in Rufs, so the iRating's were pretty mixed. I'm in C-class with about a 1,900 iRating and the guy on pole was A-class with a 5,000+ iRating; needless to say I was pretty outclassed.

I started 4th and we got the green coming up the hill down to turn 12. I went right by 3rd place (also A-class) and was able to run inside 2nd place through turn 12. We ran away from 3rd place and had a race going on for abit before he picked up the pace and walked away from me. My consistency was awful... So I started losing time and before I knew it I spun in turn 5, backed into the wall, and lost 2nd place. I was faster than the guy, but my damaged rear wing lost about 10MPH on the longer straights. So I made mistakes, but at least I was able to nab a podium position.

Why did I just write all of this out?...
        75' M42 Powered 2002
        AW 318is

Comment

I'm going to start ordering computer parts for it this weekend.

Going to take our existing HTPC and throw a monster video card in it and updated power supply and go.

Planning on going with Fanatec wheel/pedals, 3 27" monitors, then have to figure out my seat/desk setup. As I'd like to be able to use the desk to occasionally play other games and work from home.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I hear the worst about Fanatec products from people that have had one. Do your research before purchasing one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

I have, the issues seem to be on products from a few years ago.

I'm not a fan of the G27s I've used.

So it's either G27/Fanatec/Thrustmaster, or jumping up into the significantly more pricey options.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I finally quit being a cheap ass and ordered everything yesterday.

I suspect all the computer parts will be here tomorrow. And hopefully the Fanatec stuff will show up early next week.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

So, any wagers on when z31maniac is going to sell his iRacing setup?

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                    So, any wagers on when z31maniac is going to sell his iRacing setup?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

They sent me a renewal offer I couldn't pass up, so I've been re-familiarizing myself with it over the last couple of nights.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Nice! I haven't signed up yet.

Finally got the ram, power supply and new video card in the computer (had to take tin snips to the hard drive cage). Have most of the seat together, but realized last night the table I planned on using isn't going to hold 3 27" monitors unless I buy an expensive mount to put them all on.

So that's the next thing to figure out.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

I built my rig to accomodate a triple monitor setup, modeled loosely after this guy's...

...though I ended up going with a single 32", since it doubles as a TV. I used a piece of 3/8" MDF as the top surface, supported almost all the way across (underneath it) by a 2x4. This pic is five years old so some of the hardware has been updated, but it's still the same layout:

Comment

I like your setup agent. Nice and clean.

Comment

I went with the Fanatec CSL seat bundle.

That way I can also push the seat out of the way and use the computer when I occasionally work from home.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                                I like your setup agent. Nice and clean.
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X