Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost plates

Hey guys,

I sold my vert to someone and let them drive away with my plates. She supposidly mailed them back but I haven't received them and its been over 15 days. The car is at the shop for sure because it needed a new timing belt so I know it's not being driven around ATM, but whats the best way to go about this situation? Just so I know my plates aren't being tampered with.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Go to the DMV. Give them Money. Receive plates.
    Instagram
    sigpic
    Current: 99 M3
    Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
      Hey guys,

I sold my vert to someone and let them drive away with my plates. She supposidly mailed them back but I haven't received them and its been over 15 days. The car is at the shop for sure because it needed a new timing belt so I know it's not being driven around ATM, but whats the best way to go about this situation? Just so I know my plates aren't being tampered with.
      I let someone do this and a few months later I was getting traffic cam pictures from Aurora Colorado. Punk kid never registered the car I sold him and had been driving my car through every EZ pass and red light camera in Colorado it seemed for about 6 months. I called the state police and they put an end to it but I wil NEVER do that again.

Comment

This seems like a regional issue as car registrations very state by state. If someone had my plates in Idaho I would just need to go buy new ones. No big deal.

Comment

Who doesn't take their plates off a car when its sold? Pony up the $ for new ones so you're name isn't attached to whatever she may or may not be doing with your old car.
          Swanny!
          SUCKERS.

Comment

In Oregon, plates follow the car, not the person.

Comment

Well I don't need the plates to use on any of my vechicles. I just don't want the plates attached to my name anymore in case she chooses to run red lights or whatever you can possibly do with someone's plates.
              Originally posted by TSI
              ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
              OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
                Well I don't need the plates to use on any of my vechicles. I just don't want the plates attached to my name anymore in case she chooses to run red lights or whatever you can possibly do with someone's plates.
                They have to prove it's you driving. Really nothing bad can come of it.

Comment

Lost plates

Good luck getting your plates back OP. My dad lost a set of the old yellow and black plates (early California style) which go for $200 plus and the guy also said he sent them. 2 years later still no plates.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                  1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                  1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                  1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                  1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                  1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                  Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                  1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                  1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Here there is a portion of the title that the seller can fill out and send to Access NS that will absolve him of all liability to do with that car. Easy way to cover your ass once the car is sold. It doesn't really have anything to do with the plates, but record of something like that would really help if something did happen.
                    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                    Originally posted by mbonanni
                    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

In AZ, we submit a "Sold Notice" online that indicates we no longer own the vehicle. Not sure if your state has something similar.

Comment

in ct you just go to the dmv and report your plates lost or stolen. u gotta pay a fine but hey it is what it is.
                        my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

In Soviet Russia, license plate own you

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                            In AZ, we submit a "Sold Notice" online that indicates we no longer own the vehicle. Not sure if your state has something similar.
                            I love how simple our state legislature is.
                            2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                            (Daily Driver)
                            Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                            KW V2 Coilovers
                            VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
                              In Soviet Russia, license plate own you
                              Lulz

Comment

Working...
                              X