No announcement yet.

Bringing a Ohio E30 back to life**now on bay shave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing monumental, but I haven't got much time to work on it lately.

I have the core support test fit and pretty much done. I need to drill a couple bolt holes in it and fit the nuts into the frame and body.

My battery tray came is so I got started on taking care of that.

I thought this was going to be a piece of cake but man was I wrong. After many hours of drilling, grinding and prying I got the old one out. I opted to only use the bottom portion of the new tray.

After much fighting I got the new one in and am happy with the fit. Need to get some mixing tubes for the panel bond and drag the welder outside to finish up this one more little step to the end.

89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
    99 540it
    86 Volvo 240 wagon
    99 Cherokee
    13 Passat

Comment

Bringing a Ohio E30 back to life**now on bay shave

Still need to finish the battery tray, but I did get a couple evenings to put some work in. It was nice enough out to push the car out of the garage and work in the sun. Started cleaning up the bay some more and prepping for paint. Also got the core support 99.5% wrapped up. It doesn't look like much but I feel like I'm a good weekends work away from being ready for paint.

First order was to clean up and organize the garage for what feels like the 5th time in a couple months.

Cutting, filling, and smoothing.

Cut these guys to make the mounting points in the frame rails.

And the top.

Called it a day after I plugged up a few holes.

99 540it
      86 Volvo 240 wagon
      99 Cherokee
      13 Passat

Comment

heh another bay shave....fuse box....go on :)

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Originally posted by potatomash View Post
          heh another bay shave....fuse box....go on :)
          Just checked yours out. Came out really nice! I am by no means going as far as you did with it. Battery and fuse box are staying put. I'm also leaving the tops of the frame rails as is. Mine will have some slight differences from others, not sure how much movement happens but I'm a little concerned about cracking issues down the road. So mine may not be as pretty or show as others out there. Guess we will see how it turns out.
          Last edited by gart; 04-05-2017, 05:40 AM.
          99 540it
          86 Volvo 240 wagon
          99 Cherokee
          13 Passat

Comment

Fair enough, if you weld the seems it's much less likely to crack. Removable frontend will make life easy

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Originally posted by gart View Post
              Yeah, I don't really get it. I think I've seen less than 5 out and about over the past few years. Guess they all rotted out? The ones that do come up people seem to think they are worth their weight in gold.
              Us old folk are still around btw. We just don't post much anymore. My car has been in the garage on stands for the last 5 years.
              Originally posted by payney8
              We heard economics is american for card game t/f ? :P

Comment

Working...
              X