Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 Canadian 4 door 5 speed iX - One of few or many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 Canadian 4 door 5 speed iX - One of few or many?

Recently picked this up in Vancouver, BC and can't seem to find much info on these. In fact, can't even find a Google image of a North American spec '88 model year 4 door 5 speed iX. Any body know much about this particular model year/spec? It seems there were 184 of these in '88 for the Canadian market but I can't seem to find even one other one? Have these all rusted to oblivion long ago?
    Attached Files

I thought that all '88 IX's were coupes. Maybe that's only the U.S. market.

Comment

All US '88's were only available as 2 doors and fully loaded. The Canadian spec 4 door '88's seem to be the same. Only available in 4 door. Only available in 5 speed. Only available fully loaded with sport seats, 13 button obc, power sunroof, etc. But where are they all hiding?

Comment

88ix

My 88ix is a 2 door 5sp and fully loaded with everything....and now it has plastic bumpers:)
        jm

Comment

Same.

But my '90 has metal bumpers. ;)
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Looking at it another way, does anyone else here own, or know of, a steel bumpered 4 door iX in Canada or the US?

Comment

My friend owned one, but since it was his family's car year round for the last 25 years, it was rusted so bad, it had to get trashed.

Beautiful car btw, congrats!

Comment

Does fully loaded include heated seats?

Comment

Yes, heated sport seats. In fact, this car is identically fully loaded/optioned to my previous '88 2 door 5 speed iX bought out of Colorado. M-tech wheel, 13 button obc, ellipsoids, top level parcel shelf speakers/door tweaters, etc. Hard to believe with the large congregation of iX'ers on R3V nobody else has a 4 door '88.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy325iX View Post
                    Yes, heated sport seats. In fact, this car is identically fully loaded/optioned to my previous '88 2 door 5 speed iX bought out of Colorado. M-tech wheel, 13 button obc, ellipsoids, top level parcel shelf speakers/door tweaters, etc. Hard to believe with the large congregation of iX'ers on R3V nobody else has a 4 door '88.
                    My 11/87 2 door/5 speed car has sport seats, but they're not heated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                      My 11/87 2 door/5 speed car has sport seats, but they're not heated.
                      Neither are mine.

Comment

Wow I always thought all sports seats were heated.

Comment

i own 88 325 ix 4 door

Comment

Nice! Is it a 5 speed? Can you post a pic or two?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy325iX View Post
                              There are quite a few out there, they just aren't for sale. The majority of them that I've seen have been in Alberta. I've lived in Vancouver for the last 6 years and I've seen close to 20 88 4dr ix's. I personally know of 3 people that own one in BC. As has been said they are optioned just like the 88ix in the states except all ours were 4drs in Canada.

I believe all ix's in Canada have heated seats regardless of being sports or comforts. I find it hard to believe that ix's in the US weren't the same. You guys with the non heated seats, any chance they were replaced at some point in the car's life? Is the wiring in place for the heated seats?

Comment

Working...
                              X