This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
    Still m20 but I'm almost ready to start getting the s52 in there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hell yea!
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

Soon is a relative term when talking about Jason...I say 2 years before it goes in there :)

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
      Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
        Soon is a relative term when talking about Jason...I say 2 years before it goes in there :)
        Hahaha considering it took like 4 months just to assemble the motor
        Shadetree30

Comment

worked on the e30 for acouple minutes inspected the crank and found this crack.
          I have another crank but dang what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
            worked on the e30 for acouple minutes inspected the crank and found this crack.
            I have another crank but dang what happened?

Looks like someone tried to force a bolt in there that was too big, or there was a bolt in it and dropped it/hit it, maybe over torqued a flywheel bolt? Strange
            Shadetree30

Comment

See sig for my response to this lol
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone looking for bottle caps with roller tires for $40 for the set? I've got 2 sets, but don't want to toss them if someone wants them on the cheap.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Drift spares? I could do that. How shitty are the tires?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                  Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                    I've finally gotten my car aligned! On the way home from JMP on a Wednesday afternoon, I tested it down Stunt Road & Tuna Canyon, and something seems a bit off. Steering responsiveness is kind of null in the center. The bushings are good, there isn't play in the refurbished rack, but like, when I turn into a corner, I really feel the car taking its time to settle its weight before it bites into the curve and turns. There's this weird delay in getting the car to turn. I've been on the stock sway bars all this time, but I don't remember experiencing this phenomenon before.
                    Meant to comment on this earlier... that will tighten up and go away after you do swaybars. Mine felt the same after I installed my suspension and before I did swaybars.

Something to do with a system imbalance. When first cornering, you're inducing a moment of roll to the front by changing its direction relative to the rear (so the front want to go right, the rear wants to stay straight, so the weight of the car shifts to the front left). With such soft swaybars and such stiff springs, theres no roll resistance side to side (before with everything soft it was all absorbed equally and felt better) now with stiff springs you place all that burden on the soft sway bars and as you notice they dont really do shit and it takes a moment for the weight of the car to settle into the turn and "equalize" front to rear. With a stiff front bar, the car will do a much better job of resisting that roll moment when you first hit a turn.

Hope that made sense. If anyone can explain it better or correct me please do.
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                      Drift spares? I could do that. How shitty are the tires?
                      Pretty crappy, but I'm sure it could get you some fun tire smoking.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Just picked these up for a steal of a price.
                        Azev Type A
                        16x7-1/2 et 27
                        Chrome and straight. Missing 2 emblems on the center caps but all caps are there. Nice rare wheels, can't wait to buy tires and mount them on my e30.
                        I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
                        1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Those would look awesome on a proper early model.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone near Fresno that can help me figure out the surging idle issue on my e30

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyac28 View Post
                              Anyone near Fresno that can help me figure out the surging idle issue on my e30
                              Did you cleaning the ICV?
                              I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
                              1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
                                Did you cleaning the ICV?
                                Not yet. Here is a video of what it's doing

Comment

Working...
                                X