No announcement yet.

First E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't get any pictures of the fronts, but got one of the rear. Should there be a cotter pin or something on the sway bar where it sticks out of the end link?

Comment

No. If you put new ones on. They will never come off. I seriously was bending the eff outta the sway bar just to get it on. Had wheel bearing grease on both the bar and bushing. It's in the right spot and it don't move.
      88 d21 draggin pavement
      89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bggdnssnguy View Post
        No. If you put new ones on. They will never come off. I seriously was bending the eff outta the sway bar just to get it on. Had wheel bearing grease on both the bar and bushing. It's in the right spot and it don't move.
        Same experience I had as well.

Comment

Thanks guys. Put my IE strut bar in tonight and it was kinda tough to put on. Jacked up the car and moved it up and down to get the bolts to line up and with some force got them on. It cleared the manifold and the cruise control, but the holes didn't line up perfectly. Anyone else have a problem getting a strut bar on?

Comment

So because of the accident the AC condenser was removed to make a little more room for the radiator. To take off the compressor I just need to unbolt it from the brackets and take the belt off and that's it right?

Comment

Originally posted by brokecollegekid View Post
              So because of the accident the AC condenser was removed to make a little more room for the radiator. To take off the compressor I just need to unbolt it from the brackets and take the belt off and that's it right?
              correct.

Comment

I've been pretty busy with school and applying for jobs since I'm graduating in December, but I finally got my style 5s on and I know they're overdone, but they look good. The front wheel gap is a bit bigger than I expected, but I did only get the sport H&Rs

Comment

Nice progress on the car, and the museum pics were drool-worthy. :up:

Comment

hmmm e30's do look good in red. Nicely done!

Comment

Thanks guys. I've got some rust spots to take care of, but otherwise it's in pretty good shape for being in the midwest it's whole life. There's a white e30 coupe here in Ames, is it anyone's on here?

Comment

I had a bit of trouble getting my garagistic bar to line up perfectly, but after tightening it down it lined itself up. Keep up the good work!
                        1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                        1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                        E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

what adapters are you running for the style 38's how are they?
                          sigpic1990 325IS,
                          2.7L bottom end, Shrick 272 Cam, and a heck of a lot of bald tires.

Comment

Thanks guys. Put my IE strut bar in tonight and it was kinda tough to put on. ... Anyone else have a problem getting a strut bar on?
                            If the car is ever in an accident it can make it harder to put on. Mine is accident free so it was no problem getting it on.

The front wheel gap is a bit bigger than I expected, but I did only get the sport H&Rs
                            You can get E90 drop hats and it will lower the front a tiny bit without affecting the ride you are getting with the H&R Sports
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

You can get E90 drop hats and it will lower the front a tiny bit without affecting the ride you are getting with the H&R Sports
                              ^^this, but dont expect a drastic change. You probably wont even see that it changed lol
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty_30_IS View Post
                                what adapters are you running for the style 38's how are they?
                                I got these adapters. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=364335
                                Pretty good price and haven't really read anything bad about them. I put a little bit of locktite while putting them on and have driven over 1000 miles with no problems.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                If the car is ever in an accident it can make it harder to put on. Mine is accident free so it was no problem getting it on.

I already have e90 drop hats on it. Doesn't really make that much of a difference. I drove an e30 with IE3's and style 5's and that's what I was basing what mine would look like, but a bit higher up. Didn't realize the H&R sports were that much bigger, but I'm happy with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X