Before Trump, the Media Loved “Alternative Facts”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
    Donald acts like a petulant child because he's so easily manipulated by biased media.
    Fixed that for you.

Seriously, he tweets about stuff he just watched on Fox news 5 minutes ago. And more often than not, its fake stuff like horrible crime and terrorist attacks in Sweden. They have like 80 to 100 murders per year there, whereas we have around 44 murders per day here.

I'm sick of all this media bashing non-sense. Most of your mainstream media outlets do a pretty damn fine job of getting the story right the first time, or correcting it as it develops. We need the mainstream video, print, and internet media. It's a critical component of our freedom. Be an adult and compare facts and figures from multiple sources. In doing so, you should be able to connect the dots for yourself to discern the true picture of what's going on.

-Thomas Jefferson
    Last edited by Morrison; 02-21-2017, 03:55 PM. Reason: reference
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
      Fixed that for you.

Seriously, he tweets about stuff he just watched on Fox news 5 minutes ago. And more often than not, its fake stuff like horrible crime and terrorist attacks in Sweden. They have like 80 to 100 murders per year there, whereas we have around 44 murders per day here.
      You need to update yourself. Sweden has become a total shithole with the influx of migrants.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
        You need to update yourself. Sweden has become a total shithole with the influx of migrants.
        how often do you visit sweden?

Comment

Originally posted by varg
          That's a very fallacious counterpoint.
          Someone posting on the internet that "Sweden has become a total shithole with the influx of migrants" would need to qualify their comment with some personal experience.

lol, you saying that to me instead of the original insane comment.

Comment

Originally posted by varg
            What the fuck am I reading? You've basically just said that anyone who disagrees with you politically is stupid, and that people who agree with you are comparitively immune to manipulation and being wrong. You are so extremely polarized and deep in the rabbit hole that you cannot see that there is wrong on both sides.

I legitimately can't tell if you're trolling or just naive, misled and following a strict party line. Poe's law solidly invoked! Bravo!
            Holy moly this is nowhere near what I am saying. How the hell you got that I have no idea. I simply said that the right wingers believed everything the media said about Hillary but now all of a sudden the media is all lies because the Donald says so. It's called cognitive dissonance.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
              Someone posting on the internet that "Sweden has become a total shithole with the influx of migrants" would need to qualify their comment with some personal experience.

He heard Sweden sucked from Breitbart but has no fucking clue what he is talking about.

The reality is that I have in fact been to Sweden recently to visit my cousin who married a Swedish woman and is a Swedish citizen. I can assure everyone in this thread that Sweden is still one of the nicest and safest places on the entire planet. Bar none. While the migrants are certainly an issue throughout Europe, the media is blowing the issue out of proportion like always.

Comment

Ok, anecdotes are now credible sources. Fuck man.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                  Holy moly this is nowhere near what I am saying. How the hell you got that I have no idea. I simply said that the right wingers believed everything the media said about Hillary but now all of a sudden the media is all lies because the Donald says so. It's called cognitive dissonance.
                  Um, no. You have it wrong. The media said there was nothing to see there about Hillary. The media lied then and continues to lie now.

How did your noodles get so cooked?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Unrest in the mainly immigrant suburb follows controversial Trump comments on Sweden.

I hope the BBC is credible enough for you folks. Breitbart beat BBC to the punch by 18 hours.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

how often do you visit sweden?
                      Let me guess, you visit all of Sweden's major cities regularly, and there was absolutely no crime whatsoever. Is that right?

FYI, since we're going to nitpick, my original comment was a bit hyperbolic. Obviously there are areas in Sweden that are fine. But don't tell me they aren't having problems. Most areas in Europe with large migrant populations are having problems.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                        Um, no. You have it wrong. The media said there was nothing to see there about Hillary. The media lied then and continues to lie now.

How did your noodles get so cooked?
                        What the fuck are you talking about? Benghazi and emails is all we heard about for years, YEARS! And not just from Fox News but from literally every news source. And did you ever stop and think for a second that maybe the media was right about there being nothing to see?

Comment

What the fuck are you talking about? Benghazi and emails is all we heard about for years, YEARS! And not just from Fox News but from literally every news source. And did you ever stop and think for a second that maybe the media was right about there being nothing to see?

You are literally the most confusing person I have ever seen.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

You are literally the most confusing person I have ever seen.
                            What is so confusing?

Comment

What is so confusing?
                              Well, there was plenty to see about Benghazi and the emails. The leftwing media tried to make both of the issues go away while people kept digging and wouldn't let it go (thank goodness). For God's sake there were congressional hearings on both issues. The FBI weighed in on the email situation too.

Yet, you believe the media that supposedly said that there was nothing to see there? But they reported on it anyway? If there is nothing to see there, you wouldn't cover it. Its like your mind can't figure out what is up and what is down.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Well, there was plenty to see about Benghazi and the emails. The leftwing media tried to make both of the issues go away while people kept digging and wouldn't let it go (thank goodness). For God's sake there were congressional hearings on both issues. The FBI weighed in on the email situation too.

Yet, you believe the media that supposedly said that there was nothing to see there? But they reported on it anyway? If there is nothing to see there, you wouldn't cover it. Its like your mind can't figure out what is up and what is down.
                                Ok so forget I said there was nothing to see there because again that is not the point. The point is the hypocrisy. Now that Trump is in office and plenty is coming out left and right about his administration, it's all of a sudden fake news?

Comment

Working...
                                X