Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New forum member and my first E30

Hi all,
    Glad to be aboard. I bought this 1988 this last winter with the intention of sport lapping and autocrossing it at the local tracks, and I'm having a blast. Its been to Pacific Raceways in Auburn Wa. and the Ridge Motorsports park in Shelton Wa. for track days as well as an autocross at Evergreen speedway in Monroe Wa.
    I live North of Seattle a bit, and its been cool to see the other E30's out and about as well as watching the Pro3 group at the local tracks.
    This is my first German car, and I'm impressed with the engineering and build quality, I've been a domestic car guy for years, and am quickly becoming a convert.
    I've got some videos on youtube of this car on the track as well.

I was having problems registering for this forum with my home computer and emailed the moderators with no reply. but I tried with my phone today and got it done, but now I'm trying to post my first thread with the home computer and bam! cant do it because of the goofy verification puzzles, it wont let me solve the puzzle and then submit the thread so I will probly have to cut and paste this thread to my email and then use my phone to post until this forum doesn't ask me to click which photo in the puzzle is right side up anymore.

Carcass.
    Attached Files

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

I think my photo files are too large, I am having problems posting them. More will be revealed I guess. Here's a link to some autocross video taken from the passenger quarter window of a suction cup mount with my GoPro

Comment

Welcome. Sideways in the wet! You'll find everyone here loves Bronzit.

Here are the file sizes -

Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzzz1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	7190332

Comment

Originally posted by carcass View Post
          I think my photo files are too large, I am having problems posting them. More will be revealed I guess. Here's a link to some autocross video taken from the passenger quarter window of a suction cup mount with my GoPro

https://youtu.be/N9v12fX4tE0
          Nice car!

The turn at 1:10 seems like poor course design. If you slide off there you'll be in a concrete barrier, no?

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
            Nice car!

The turn at 1:10 seems like poor course design. If you slide off there you'll be in a concrete barrier, no?
            There's definitely some sketchy areas at Evergreen speedway autocross, but the spot to watch is the last corner at the end of the video, it was raining all day and there were a lot of spins some on safer areas of the track where folks pushed their luck a bit.
            It's a fun event with a slightly different setup each time, but for sure not as safe for the paint as a flat parking lot event.

Comment

Hi,

Great intro!

Welcome.
              1990 325i
              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                You'll find everyone here loves Bronzit.
                Some of us non-ironically!

I didn't receive an email, though glad you got it sorted.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Stock gearing? That course looked pretty slow for running in second gear the whole way- looks like the car does pretty well!

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Originally posted by carcass View Post
                    There's definitely some sketchy areas at Evergreen speedway autocross, but the spot to watch is the last corner at the end of the video, it was raining all day and there were a lot of spins some on safer areas of the track where folks pushed their luck a bit.
                    It's a fun event with a slightly different setup each time, but for sure not as safe for the paint as a flat parking lot event.
                    Looks like a smooth run nonetheless! I've never designed a course so I shouldn't criticize.

Looking forward to more updates (and footage)! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Fraser View Post
                      Stock gearing? That course looked pretty slow for running in second gear the whole way- looks like the car does pretty well!
                      It's got the stock 3.73's but the tires I was running that they are 225/45R15 a little shorter than the stockers but I don't know if I can feel the affective lower gearing second gear seems to work good, the first gear in these cars is low! But coming out of corners and not being at 4000 or more makes for a slow corner exit .

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                        Looks like a smooth run nonetheless! I've never designed a course so I shouldn't criticize.

Looking forward to more updates (and footage)! :)
                        Here's some footage from the ridge motorsports Park road course in Shelton Washington

Comment

Here is a video of my car at the ridge motorsports Park in Shelton Washington, it is 2.5 miles long with 16 turns, my laps seem to be somewhere around two minutes 15 seconds, The car has stock unmodified suspension so far.

First time at the Ridge Motorsports Park with my 1988 BMW 325is E30. March 4th 2017. Had a good time. The track had frost on it in the morning but it dried o...
                          Last edited by carcass; 03-23-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            Some of us non-ironically!

I didn't receive an email, though glad you got it sorted.
                            For some reason my home computer does not like the puzzles that are required for the first 10 posts I don't have any issues with several other forums I go to, but my computer is older and probably needs an update, I am glad to be aboard though!

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                              Hi,

Great intro!

Welcome.
                              Thank you all for the welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X