MR2s and E30s on a spirited/scenic drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MR2s and E30s on a spirited/scenic drive

I have yet to see a driving event in the gatherings section of R3VLIMITED. So, I am going to see if anyone is interested in this. It will be with a group of MR2 owners.
    Although they are Japanese cars the guys in the group are real nice and we are ALL automotive enthusiasts.

2nd Annual Central Ohio Spring Rollout - Sat. May 5
    Every year the Toyota MR2 groups in Northern KY and Central OH get together for different driving events. Pii (MR2OC.com name) and I put the one on in NE central OH. This all takes place in the general area of MT. Vernon/Coshocton/Millersburg. We drive for about 5 hours. It is a spirited drive. The roads we are on are very curvy with a lot of elevation changes. I would be willing to bet that these are some of the best roads in Ohio.

O.K., so here are the details:

When: Saturday May, 5th,

Where: We will be starting in the Mount Vernon area. The meeting place will be at The Valley General Store, 21971 Coshocton Rd., Howard, OH. 43028

Who: E30 & MR2 owners.

Details: We will gather at 10:30AM at the above location. Our starting point is a bit out of the way, but well worth it. This area is beautiful, and the roads are a joy to drive. You can “mapquest” the addy to get a map. Also, you are welcome to ask questions here, We should be finished ~4PM, and will gather for dinner at a local area restaurant. I’m sure there are things I’m missing, but this will get us under way.

A note about the speed of the run. We will stay at or below the posted limits. We believe that the fun comes in cornering. Straightline speed is not emphasized(you can make anything fast in a straight line). Everyone on the tour is expected to know the limits of your car and your abilities.

I am rather new to the E30s. I have owned MR2s for over 10 years. I enjoy these events and would like to open it up to fellow E30 owners.
    If the turnout is big (normally there are about 20 cars) maybe we will break it up into two different events in the future. We may also do a "slow/enjoy the surroundings" group and a "fast/enjoy the roads" group.
    This depends on turnout and the consensus of the group.

Ron
    sigpic
    Aston Martin in flight at Mid Ohio 2006
Working...
X