revshift 24v mounts not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
    When you were developing your swap motor mounts did you do full product testing with various boosters or you just did a test with E21 booster?
    We used an e21 booster because we have an e21. We are now purchasing a 944 booster and we will be doing the swap on the shop e30 r&d car. We will be modifying the mounts to allow as much clearance as possible.

Comment

Throw an iX booster in there for good measure. Your mounts are a no go otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
        Throw an iX booster in there for good measure. Your mounts are a no go otherwise.
        The 944 booster is ordered and on its way. What is the diameter of the IX booster? I intend to rework the mounts so that they fit with all of the swap boosters. 944, IX, and E21 with plenty of clearance. I'd like to make it so that you don't have to shave fins or anything like that. A crazy amount of effort and detail is about to go into this.

Comment

Thanks for looking into this John. For the small amount I've driven the car, the mounts seem ok otherwise (aside from the potential clearance issue). The engine and all went in with minimal issues otherwise! :D

If you do have success with better fitment on the 944 booster, I would certainly be interested in exchanging the mounts I have.
          -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
          '95 525iT
          '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
          '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
            Thanks for looking into this John. For the small amount I've driven the car, the mounts seem ok otherwise (aside from the potential clearance issue). The engine and all went in with minimal issues otherwise! :D

If you do have success with better fitment on the 944 booster, I would certainly be interested in exchanging the mounts I have.
            There is no doubt that we will be successful. The issue is that we were mostly concerned with maintaining a straight driveline when designing the current swap mounts and we didn't think too much about the different boosters that are used. I am positive we will finally have the best, perfect fitting swap mounts this time around. The quality, strength, and performance of the mount is definitely not lacking. Its just that darn booster fitment.

And to anyone questioning our other products: We do not have any issues with our suspension bushings breaking or not fitting. Our parts are in no way dangerous. We warranty everything for life and we stand behind our work. Booster clearance for engine swap mounts should not speak for the quality and performance of the rest of our products. As always, if you have any questions or concerns please contact us directly.

Comment

Originally posted by John@Revshift View Post
              The 944 booster is ordered and on its way. What is the diameter of the IX booster? I intend to rework the mounts so that they fit with all of the swap boosters. 944, IX, and E21 with plenty of clearance. I'd like to make it so that you don't have to shave fins or anything like that. A crazy amount of effort and detail is about to go into this.
              This should help:

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post

Perfect! Thank you.

Comment

John,

I just received a set of your blue swap mounts last week that I'm using with a S52 (S50 Manifold) and the 944 booster. I have the same clearance issues the others are claiming. Currently I'm fabbing up a shim to temporarily correct the situation.

Be sure to please let us know when you have corrected parts in stock as I would love to replace what I have with the updated parts.

Thanks.

Comment

has there ever been any updates on this redesign? im sure there are a couple of us who are still hoping we can exchange our old ones

Comment

^^ count me in on that one ^^
                      1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                      1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                      1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                      1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                      2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                      2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                      2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                      2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

yeah no word yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interested as well, I have, coincidentally a rhd touring with an ix booster and want to dump my condor mounts for something a little less harsh. If the figment issues are sorted I'll buy Revshift as I do have Revshift rear suspension bushings and they've been just fine and install was not difficult.

For posterity, the rhd car boosters are in the exact same spit as regular cars.
                          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                          Originally posted by mbonanni
                          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Damn I was looking into these as well . As my car is street driven and I'm
                            Not a huge fan of excessive NVH and I don't want to install another set of Green rubber mounts .

How are the vibrations with the AKG ?

If they can get these mounts to clear a 944 booster I'll gladly buy a set . Right now I'm driving around on blown out rubber mounts . My manifold is resting on my booster
                            1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                            1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                            1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

The updated mounts are still on the way. Its been taking a little longer than expected due to the winter and because we did some major shop upgrades over the past few months. We are just now getting resettled. Not only are we updating the swap mounts for better clearance but thanks to the shop upgrades we now have a lot more capability. So we will be coming out with a bunch of other cool stuff fairly soon too.

The updated mounts are coming soon. Hang in there for just a little bit longer.

Comment

Thanks John - appreciate the update!
                                -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                                '95 525iT
                                '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                                '98 Disco 1

Comment

Working...
                                X