No announcement yet.

16" BBS RS Slant lip or Step Lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slant all day. Do it and don't think twice!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Well looks like I just made it 11-11 voting for the slant lip. muahahahaha
      89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
      I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
        Slant all day. Do it and don't think twice!
        Wow, see your slant doesnt look as pronounced for some reason, I like that.
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Looks like the Slant is taking over the poll. Will be making my decision this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
            Wow, see your slant doesnt look as pronounced for some reason, I like that.
            I agree with you on this one, those look great. I think on larger wheels they can make the centers look small. I like slant lips, but I think might be they to flashy for me. I kinda feel the same way about polished lips.

I like my step lips, but I didn't change out the lips on my RS003s. They were in too good of shape to waste money on an extra .5-1in. Not sure what I would have done if I bought new ones.

I also has them brushed and clear powder coated instead of polished. Nogaro Silver Euro Weaves inspired my design, and the bushed step lips fall into that machined OEM+ look well.
            1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
            1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
            September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
            Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
              I agree with you on this one, those look great. I think on larger wheels they can make the centers look small. I like slant lips, but I think might be they to flashy for me. I kinda feel the same way about polished lips.

I like my step lips, but I didn't change out the lips on my RS003s. They were in too good of shape to waste money on an extra .5-1in. Not sure what I would have done if I bought new ones.

I also has them brushed and clear powder coated instead of polished. Nogaro Silver Euro Weaves inspired my design, and the bushed step lips fall into that machined OEM+ look well.
              Love to see more pics of yours, I am on the fence about should I polish or brush. The wheels I had made for my E93 are brushed and I loved them. Also not sure how hard polished is to maintain. Brushed are pretty easy. I am actually making my centers Nogaro as well.

Comment

Love to see more pics of yours, I am on the fence about should I polish or brush. The wheels I had made for my E93 are brushed and I loved them. Also not sure how hard polished is to maintain. Brushed are pretty easy. I am actually making my centers Nogaro as well.
                Have some on my home computer. I will post them tonight. I loved how they came out and am glad I had them brushed.

Maintenance was another reason I went with brushed. If I would have gone polished I would have still done a coat of clear powder, but some people don't like to do that cause it knocks the shine down. I just wouldn't want to deal with keeping the polish look up.

I also ceramic coated mine to further minimize keeping them clean.

Comment

I personally like slant lips, but if you are leaning towards step lips do you think R3V is really going to change your mind?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

My problem with the slant is that when I've seen them it makes the center look smaller, which looks odd. Also not a fan of the mirror shine that is so popular with the stretched tires and scraping oil pan crowd, but I can see why the slanted rim is popular with them, because it shows off the shine.
                    Last edited by varg; 04-04-2017, 05:26 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

Polished slant lips = stance nation douche

Machined stepped lips = gentleman with taste

That's just science
                      sigpic
                      1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                      2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

I was going to start a build thread for my car soon, but I guess I will just repeat this when I do....

I had Dave at Rewnewed Finishes redo the wheels and he did an awesome job.

Some pictures from this weekend, I just had the wheels mounted last week

Last edited by Zeemz; 04-04-2017, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                          Polished slant lips = stance nation douche

Machined stepped lips = gentleman with taste

That's just science

That's just taste.

Furthermore, taste of one who rocks bright orange wheels in his profile shot.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                            I was going to start a build thread for my car soon, but I guess I will just repeat this when I do....

I had Dave at Rewnewed Finishes redo the wheels and he did an awesome job.

Some pictures from this weekend, I just had the wheels mounted last week

That looks really good!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                              Furthermore, taste of one who rocks bright orange wheels in his profile shot.
                              Lol that's true.

In my defense, it's a racecar. And a racecar needs to stand out in a pack. Without the graphics, the 190E just looks like a black blob.
                              sigpic
                              1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                              2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Go stepped lip for an old school look! I like slant lips for newer model cars or up-size builds.

Went with stepped lips on my Mk1 :)

'91 "318is" slick top M50 turbo
                                '97 Dodge 3500 12v Cummins
                                '12 Mini Cooper S
                                '89 318i Chump Car Project

Comment

Working...
                                X