Top Gear America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear America

AKA the 2017 reboot with three hosts no one has heard of.

Discuss.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Not too much to add. Just not the same and I have tried to get interested a couple times. I end up switching it every time, it's boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

..and I was just starting to like the 3 guys on the show. I guess it sucks to be a TG host, because they keep leaving the shows.

Either that, or the producers think they're D.Trump by firing people all the time.
      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
        Either that, or the producers think they're D.Trump by firing people all the time.

Chuckles - thanks for livening up my Monday :D

I haven't seen any of the rebooted version yet, just the trailers on TV. I'll have to watch a few episodes before I start judging things. The last bunch never really seemed organic to me.....a lot of scripting and forced reactions from an event. I hope this reboot can capture something more genuine.

Jon
        Rides...
        1991 325i - sold :(
        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I think they should have kept Rutledge and ditched Adam and probably Tanner. To me, it seemed Adam was the odd man out who A) wasn't into cars, B) wasn't funny, and C) didn't even know how to drive. At least Tanner seemed to know his shit and was a good driver.

They probably could have gotten away with just replacing Adam with gearhead. Given the current revamp, BBCA seems to think we need actors, not car people, as our presenters.
          Originally posted by Sonny
          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
            I think they should have kept Rutledge and ditched Adam and probably Tanner. To me, it seemed Adam was the odd man out who A) wasn't into cars, B) wasn't funny, and C) didn't even know how to drive. At least Tanner seemed to know his shit and was a good driver.

They probably could have gotten away with just replacing Adam with gearhead. Given the current revamp, BBCA seems to think we need actors, not car people, as our presenters.
            Agreed, I liked Rutledge, I would have kept Tanner he was an awesome driver. I didnt mind Adam but he didnt add too much so he could go.

The problem with these type of shows is it takes time to build chemistry, the producers want immediate success or cancelled. The BBC TG was not that great way at the beginning, infact boring, it took a while to change it. You cant just throw three people in with pretty much the exact same story line and expect it to be good.

Character development is a lost art these days. I think the old TG US was getting better toward the end, if they would have given it another season or two to gain its own legs it may have been ok.
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

These new host are ones I wouldn't have expected. Never saw Antron Brown as a tv personality but he is pretty out going when ever you see him on the NHRA races. Hopefully once they build some chemistry it wont seem so scripted.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

They fired the old hosts due to poor ratings...

UK Top Gear now has an american actor as lead, so that is why William Fichtner is on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by mjposner View Post
                  They fired the old hosts due to poor ratings...

UK Top Gear now has an american actor as lead, so that is why William Fichtner is on the show.
                  I get firing for poor ratings, but this is a show that needs runway to build. I think they were expecting too much.
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I don't think you can successfully replicate what happend at the BBC with Clarkson, Hammond, and May. It's why amazon pays them huge money and gives them.nearly a blank check for a filming budget now. It's why many people got the prime service to see what those 3 idiots are going to do with more atonomy, more cash and less censorship......
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      I don't think you can successfully replicate what happend at the BBC with Clarkson, Hammond, and May. It's why amazon pays them huge money and gives them.nearly a blank check for a filming budget now. It's why many people got the prime service to see what those 3 idiots are going to do with more atonomy, more cash and less censorship......

Yep those three are actual best friends they weren't picked from a line up like the others. You cant script genuine chemistry and friendship. I cant wait for the next season of GT to come out

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I loved the last 3 hosts. They sucked for the first season or 2, then they really figured out the show, and it just became really enjoyable. I lasted 10 minutes in the first episode of the new show, and really have no interest in watching more. It was just awful, really boring and wooden.

Comment

Eh, I'll parrot what I said about TG:US, it has potential, give it time. At least they seem to have a production budget this time around.

Comment

Working...
                          X