Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about an IC section? For the 'Verts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me that if this thread had more content about cabrios and less about having a Cabrio thread, wouldn't it then BE a cabrio thread lol

Just sayin
    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

we are looking for a cabrio section not just a long thread. But it would be a place to find some specific info

Comment

As an alternative we could at least start a convertible-specific part number thread in a subforum but since those parts span across different parts of the car (interior, exterior, mechanical, etc.) it is somewhat confusing where the proper "home" would be.

Between a parts (both OEM and aftermarket) thread, repair info specific to convertibles, and a few How-to threads there would not be a lot of threads but at least all of the info would be consolidated.

For example: I tried to search for info about fitting 1-series mats in an e30 convertible. The mats that the coupe/sedan guys use are 1-series convertible mats. Try searching to see how they fit in a convertible e30. No luck- your results are muddled by the terminology already using reference to convertible (1-series) parts but not pertaining to application in an e30 convertible. If the info was in a convertible-specific subforum it would be clear that it pertained to e30 convertibles.

Similarly, diagrams and part number lists for the doors, windows, weatherstripping, trunk liner, carpet...all of these things would really only have to be broken down and explained ONE TIME in a convertible-specific subforum whereas finding that data not spread across multiple non-convertible subforums is a very confusing and difficult task.
        Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

I'm in for this
          1990 Alpine 325is
          1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
            As an alternative we could at least start a convertible-specific part number thread in a subforum but since those parts span across different parts of the car (interior, exterior, mechanical, etc.) it is somewhat confusing where the proper "home" would be.
            If it's too hard to make another subforum we could get around it by making a stickied "Convertible Thread" in Gen tech or DIY Write ups and continually update the first post with links to convertible-specific threads.

For example, I posted a thread in Interior about my new seats. A new "Convertible Thread" could have its first post with a link to that thread for anyone who needs to look it up in the future. Everything would be organized in alphabetical order with a link and short description of what it's about (what part numbers are involved or any other pertinent info)

This way, each post would be in its own section, but it would also be grouped together in one place. The key would be making it a sticky.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
              If it's too hard to make another subforum we could get around it by making a stickied "Convertible Thread" in Gen tech or DIY Write ups and continually update the first post with links to convertible-specific threads.
              I tried that years ago but lost interest. Im fine to start it again though.

COTM

Comment

^ Oh wow I haven't seen that. I'll post some links later on today

Comment

there's a stupid 5 series area but not a vert section wtf
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Good news everyone!!

Looks like its going to be a go soon.

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

NICE! Thanks for staying on this!

Comment

It's up!

1992 BMW 325iC
                        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

This is awesome.
                          Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Comment

Woooo!

Comment

Thank you! Awesome to have all this stuff in one place.
                                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                                X