What Does This Plug Do? OBD2 M52 EDIT: I Found Two More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Does This Plug Do? OBD2 M52 EDIT: I Found Two More

URL=http://s1225.ph[otobucket.com/user/KI4UJO/media/IMG_4311_zpshvvcfzhu.jpg.html][/URL]

I'v had some issues getting my OBD2 M52 to run correctly, and wondered if this might be part of it. Anyone know what it does? Its the one at the end of the fuel injector plug rail, the one that's at an angle (and that I'm pointing at). I searched but didn't find an answer.
    Last edited by KI4UJO; 09-06-2015, 03:16 PM.
    IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

It's the vanos plug.
    You might want to pull the fuel injector harness cover and check wire colors against the etm to be sure.
    Project
    Feedback

Comment

Yup, definitely Vanos solenoid.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
      '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
      '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
      '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Thanks. Unfortunately, I found 2 more. These appear to originate from the harness leading to the Crankshaft Position Sensor.

Comment

Pretty sure the VANOS solenoid plugs into that little sub-harness, and the other connector plugs into the end of the injector rail

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
          -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
            Pretty sure the VANOS solenoid plugs into that little sub-harness, and the other connector plugs into the end of the injector rail

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...wiring-harness
            THANK YOU!! I remembered seeing that thread somewhere a few months ago, but I didn't save the link. Apparently, I still have VANOS wired incorrectly. I'll give it a shot after I eat.

Comment

Now I've got a follow up question lol

How important is this little harness? My crank sensor has the 3 pin square connector, not what is on the sub harness. Should I get rid of the harness or splice on a new connector?
              -Alex

Comment

I had to splice in a new connector on my e34 harness for me s50 swap, because cam & crank sensors come with both male and female plugs. Shouldn't cause a problem just do it right the first time so you don't give yourself headaches down the road
                Good luck with finishing up

Comment

Working...
                X