Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
    these are stock E30 brembo blanks

Haha, I had the same thing happen to one of my rotors this past summer!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
      well, on my stock oe brakes my brembos rocked....for a long time...prolly like 10 days...40 sessions....maybe more

give us more info.....how many days on them..how old etc etc etc

.....any rotor can crack....eventually.
      probably 6 track days and a lot of street miles over the course of 7 months
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
        good to hear.......

a bit ot....but are you using 12 mm thick pads in those wilwoods?......how much longer did they last w/ cooling added? I get like 5 days or so on my pads.
        I dont have a great comparison. First weekend I had the Wilwoods, I ran it at Mid-Ohio with a 2nd driver. so, we ran the car twice as much as I do on a normal weekend. Also it was a 3 day event. In that weekend, with brand new Wilwood Polymatrix A pads, we went all the way to the metal and had to end last session early due to this.

Then I did 5 weekends of 1 driver on a set of Hawk DTC-60.

Now I have done 2 events on my DTC-60s and they show nearly no wear.

I am running the .480 thick pads. I use these with an aluminum backing spacer to make up the difference in caliper width vs rotor width. (the rotor is only 22mm new and the caliper is designed for a 25.4mm rotor. I felt that the pistons were running out of travel).

If anyone is interested, I have a couple of sets of brackets to mount the wilwoods to e30 spindle and 2 sets of used rotors I need to sell. rotors are Brembo blank, corrado rotors with the center turned to fit the hub.

Comment

Working...
        X