Ceeker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceeker

Just bought a hardtop from Ernie (Ceeker) this weekend. Nothing but good things to say about him.

Drove up to Toronto, and when I got there, we discovered that my vert, an '87, didn't have the right sized bracket holes compatible with the hardtop roof pins.

So he removed the two that I had, and installed the two that were on his old vert -- for no extra cost.

While I was there, he also sold me a great pair of Hellas, because I still had the stock sealed beams.

I plan on buying a clean dash he has in the future, too!

Just made the trip as well to grab a hardtop. The man has great communication and top was exactly how he described. Thanks again!
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

I purchased a "9/10" condition hardtop from Ceeker (Ernie Patai) for $2680 in middle of February. Had to wait about 4 months for the weather to "lighten up" in order for him to transport it from Toronto, Canada to the Buffalo, NY Grey Hound facility where it was packaged and sent out to the final destination (May 2, 2015). It arrived in Tacoma, WA June 3rd 2015 (Final destination). I paid for insurance and was promised that this hardtop would be insured ($100). When it arrived to Tacoma the packaging was destroyed and left the hardtop exposed to damage. The hardtop was UNINSURED when I arrived. When I entered the pick up facility and saw my hardtop in such poor condition I immediately started to take pictures and document the damages that Grey Hound is still not admitting fault too.

Ceeker and I agreed that if Grey Hound will provide a claim or settlement of some sorts that I only ask for a $300 refund from the seller in order to cover the "insurance" that I initially paid for... Also some damages. It has been 3 weeks since I filed a damage claim with Grey Hound and they are still saying it is the sellers fault for not properly packaging the item/ not insuring the item.

Now that Grey Hound will no longer help with this issue I have a 5/10, very damaged hardtop that Ceeker will not take any responsibility for. He says the problem is in my hands and that the $300 settlement was more than enough for me to fix my issue. That leaves me $100 refund for the insurance that wasn't applied and $200 to have the exterior reupholstered since it was scratched & gouged badly from shipment.

This was the most expensive purchase I ever made on my e30 and after months of waiting - seeing a damaged hardtop has just been salt in the wound. This was posted later than usual because I was hoping Grey Hound would work this out with me like Ceeker promised. Since they left me hanging I have no other choice then to make this review.

I have ALL DOCUMENTED PICTURES AND EMAILS, ALONG WITH PAYPAL TRANSACTIONS AND RECEIPTS FROM PICK UP --> Do I send these to the nearest Moderator?

J.Parker is a gentlemen in my town who owns a detail shop I frequently visit for E30 questions and issues. I have checked in with him a couple times throughout this purchase, he recently saw the damaged hardtop and told me it would be a very good idea to post a review about this.

Thanks, Alex

Comment

Working...
      X