2004 Driving Event Plans and Budgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 Driving Event Plans and Budgets

Jeez, the '03 season is barely over and Im already spending money, err I mean making my plans for next year. The addition of a new family member (my beautyfull little 11 week old daughter) makes budgeting even more critical.

At this moment Ive got 15 track days planned. Thats five 2 day events and 5 single day events.

Event: 5, 2 day: $2050
    Event: 5, 1 day: $855
    Fuel: To, from at Track: $600
    Lodging/ Food: $800
    Tires: $ 600
    Brake Pads: $300
    Misc./ Maintenance, etc. $800

Total Budget: $6000 for 15 track days. Averages out to $400 per track day.

If my plan works out, Ill have 32 total track days by the end of '04, 15 of which will have been at Watkins Glen. That means that I should be at a reasonable minimum requirement neccesary to be considered for Instructor Training.

Baring no surpsrises, might be able to stretch that to 35 track days. Maybe Ill have some change left over for autocrossing.

While the Glen is my favorite track, I must get back to Lime Rock. Been 2 years since Ive been there. I also hope to qualify for Summit Points Seat Time Program.

How are your budgets looking so far?

Congrats on the lil one ... Recaro child seat ;)

Congrats to me on my $00.00 race/track budget. As at now I only auto-x as a last minute decision or on a planned trip.

Someday I'll be doing likewise but till then...its daily driving and the occasional auto-x.

Comment

Depending on how JetBlue does I'll have enough money for 10 or so events.

I have to balance upkeep and other bills associated with an M3 so we'll say 5-7 events.

Plenty for me at the moment.

Comment

It'll be real interesting to see how it works out. I'm in the process (err, or about to start :)) looking for a real job since I graduate in May. Depending on how all that goes, I'd like to get some track time. Autocrossing is pocket change so I plan on doing that, but who knows about track time.

My car needs a lot of work before I'm comfortable taking it out there anyway.

Comment

Track budget's looking a little light this year, as it did last year :evil: I'm looking to get at least one event in at Mid Ohio, and one at the new Shenandoah Circuit at Summit Pt. If I can cram a cheapie event in at Nelson Ledges or Putnam Park, I'll jump at that.

With that, I'll probably stick to mostly autox and wrenching on the OSU FSAE Car this season. I'll probably keep the e30 in STX for the time being until I totally kill the Azenis, then I'll probably suck it up and snag a set of hoo-hoo's.

-Charlie
          Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

My roommate is in charge of the PCA DE's for our region this year, so i'll hopefully be able to get in on that a little bit.
            BEERTECH

Comment

Re: 2004 Driving Event Plans and Budgets

Originally posted by TIATO
              Event: 5, 2 day: $2050
              Wait...is that five, two day events? Average entry is $400? Yikes! I spend only $200-250 for an event and that is key!

$200 here and there adds up!!

Comment

Re: 2004 Driving Event Plans and Budgets

Originally posted by trent
                Wait...is that five, two day events? Average entry is $400? Yikes! I spend only $200-250 for an event and that is key!

$200 here and there adds up!!
                Yep. Genesee Valley Chapter entry fee for 2 days at the Glen is $350

Tracquest charges $500 for 2 days. which in my mind is worth it considering you get an an insane amount of track time, not to mention breakfast and lunch. Last event I did with them I got over 5 hours of track time, not including ride alongs. There were times when I would be on track 60 to 90 minutes at a time.

Other clubs are similar. Typically with the organiztions I run with, $175 per day is the norm.

Comment

Don't look at the numbers of it just enjoy it.
                  Northeastern track time is a bit more expensive than other regions. Supply and demand I guess. With the SCDA, the group I run with mostly, the Limerock dates sell out within days of the schedule being posted. Same for virtually all the BMWCCA schools.

Comment

Originally posted by DBurke
                    ... the Limerock dates sell out within days of the schedule being posted. Same for virtually all the BMWCCA schools.
                    Damn right. You almost have to know someone on the inside to get in.... Dont know why that is though - oh I know, I think - location and proximity to main NE cities. Lime Rock is fun but I find the Glen and Summit Point a lot more challenging.

Ive done one event with the SCDA. Great group.

Comment

Lime Rock is fun but I find the Glen and Summit Point a lot more challenging.
                      You haven't been to LRP enough, come on back. Never been to Summit so I can't comment but plan to be there next year. Lots of time to rest at the Glen, virtually none at LRP.

Ive done one event with the SCDA. Great group.
                      Damn straight. Ian runs a great show, I owe him a TON both on and off the track. I am at all SCDA events my travel schedule allows.

Comment

Working...
                      X