Ideal offset and fitment of 15x9 with a 225/45r15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal offset and fitment of 15x9 with a 225/45r15

With the new BFG rival in a 225/45r15 being the fastest tire in my autocross class I am looking to make the switch from 16x8 to 15x9. Why 15x9 instead of commonly available 15x8? All of the miata guys have figured out running these on 1" wider wheel is considerably faster. Is anyone on here running 15x9's all the way around with the 225's? Any pictures you can share?
    What offsets are ideal for an e30 running 15x9 I'm guessing around et10? How much fender rolling is necessary?

I have no idea, but I'm subscribing for the answer. 6ULs are the only readily available 15x9s I'm aware of, and they only come in ET36 afaik...necessitating a huge spacer. No thanks.

Comment

a 9" wheel needs to be at minimum et12 but I go with et10 to be safe up front. at the rear there is plenty of room for the 9.

7speedshop.com

Comment

?? Esm 15 x 9 gotta look good at all times!!
        I didn't look up wheel weight
        My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Bumping this up. Anyone have pics?

Comment

I don't understand why you would have to run a 9" wide wheel to fit the 225, it will stretch the tire. A 225 will fit an 8" wheel perfect.

Comment

I correct myself, my math was off. It seems the 225 is between 8.5-9 inches on average. I don't get it though they say an 8" wheel carries it nicely.

Comment

Et12ish to make the wheel clear the strut, depending on the wheel. You'll need lower though if the tire sticks past the wheel.
                Byron
                Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by Playgunz View Post
                  I correct myself, my math was off. It seems the 225 is between 8.5-9 inches on average. I don't get it though they say an 8" wheel carries it nicely.
                  225's usually fit and IMO look great on a 8" wheel. But like he said, especially for autoX, street tires seem to perform better on wider wheels. It's pretty widely accepted that 205's work best on a 7.5" wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Playgunz View Post
                    I don't understand why you would have to run a 9" wide wheel to fit the 225, it will stretch the tire. A 225 will fit an 8" wheel perfect.
                    Its not about Fit its about being the fastest in my class. Big lips are cool too.
                    Here is one of many threads on 8's vs 9's

Comment

How do those 225s handle on a 15x7 rim?

Comment

floaty but awesome grip 225/45 rs3 are common sight at the tracks around here on 15x7. cant soeak for the rivals however. im eager to try um

Comment

I have 15x9 et15 square set with 225/45/15 BFG rivals... I'll post pics later. Clearance between stock struts (1991 318is) and front wheel is probably 2-3mm. The front fenders will need at least an inch pull out to cover the tire. I am planning on running 3-5mm spacers up front with 5-10mm out back.

Comment

Originally posted by dsobering47 View Post
                            I have 15x9 et15 square set with 225/45/15 BFG rivals... I'll post pics later. Clearance between stock struts (1991 318is) and front wheel is probably 2-3mm. The front fenders will need at least an inch pull out to cover the tire. I am planning on running 3-5mm spacers up front with 5-10mm out back.
                            What wheels come in 9 +15?

Comment

Rota k7 available in 15x9 4x100
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X