Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lotus Cortina race video thread! All videos in first post!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we got back from the Turkey Bowl at Summit Point a couple days ago and unfortunately I only have one Cortina video to show for it. I was sharing the car this weekend, and the other driver had a bit of an incident...

In the one video I got, I am working around simultaneous understeer and oversteer due to the below-freezing track temperature, thinner wheels and tires, a new rear axle housing, new limited slip, and a bit too much tire pressure. It's also the last full session before the incident, so I'll keep it as a record.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Here's video of the Cortina's final full session before the incident. It was really making me work out there, so it should be exciting to watch! Seeing the video makes me want to get her back together and ready for battle again!
      Last edited by ELVA164; 12-11-2014, 04:50 PM.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Hope you fix it!

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Big congrats on what seemed to be a wonderful year......

I would think u r becoming quite a stud in the vintage ranks you run with. You ran strong all year. Your driving leaps and bounds are obvious.

It seems you really secured that shift linkage...geez that trans works beautifully w/ you banging the gears......awesome. The snow surrounds is always nuts to me..... I had that once at LRP......strange.

geez....a pinto then a valiant/dart...nice ol skool trans am rides...awesome. Didnt the cortina blow a hg this year?

Cool........great year.......fixer up!.......I know you guys will.

c ya soon.
          Last edited by JRKOUPE; 12-12-2014, 04:04 PM.
          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
            Big congrats on what seemed to be a wonderful year......

I would think u r becoming quite a stud in the vintage ranks you run with. You ran strong all year. Your driving leaps and bounds are obvious.

It seems you really secured that shift linkage...geez that trans works beautifully w/ you banging the gears......awesome. The snow surrounds is always nuts to me..... I had that once at LRP......strange.

geez....a pinto then a valiant/dart...nice ol skool trans am rides...awesome. Didnt the cortina blow a hg this year?

Cool........great year.......fixer up!.......I know you guys will.

c ya soon.
            Hi Joel, thanks as always for your kind words!

It turns out that not only was the trans mount worn, but one of the motor mounts had sheared clean off! We replaced them with HD mounts and they've lasted very well.

The snow was very weird and I'm hoping the extreme cold was most of the reason the car was so unfriendly. I took the Ginetta out that afternoon for the first time and it was pretty nerve-wracking, but as the track warmed up its demeanor completely changed. Hopefully the Cortina is just a warm-weather girl!

Yeah, there weren't a ton of cars out because of the temperature but there was a good variety in the group that weekend. 911s, 914s, Pinto, Dart, GTVs, a Corvair...it would have been fun.

The head gasket blew at Mosport in 2013, luckily with the owner driving!

Comment

A couple guys local to Summit Point who owned Cortinas were at the Jefferson 500 last May and snapped a couple pictures! They shared them this past November so I thought I'd post them here. The rear shot has a cool look to it from being scanned off a so-so print job! :)

Comment

Love the slip-angle. That rear shot really does have an awesome vintage look to it.
                Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Working...
                X