Mega Squirt question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega Squirt question.

I want to order teh mega squirt fuel computer but I cant figure our exactly what I need to order.
    For those guys using the magea squirt, what do you actually need to order?
    This is what I think...
    the partial kit,
    and the digi key component pack? the one for 50 bucks on the digikey order form?

Where di you guys mount your box for the pggy back fuel system?
    and how loang did it take before you recieved your kit?
    thanks,
    peter

ask matt325is or BimmerJIm, pm they...they have it in theirs cars...
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

yes, that's exactly what you need to do.

how long depends on a lot of stuff, look around the site, it'll say somewhere. Best place to mount is under the dash somewhere, or wherever your stock ECU is.

Matt
      mine's in the glovebox

Comment

Hey,

Here is where you buy the stuff to make megasquirt. Just follow the steps and you'll be set. http://members.shaw.ca/megasquirt/bom.htm

I ordered the partial kit, and relay board kit, all the megasquirt components, and all megasquirt relay board components. I also bought the Stimulator board and components.

I dont have the Megaview readout rignt now, but I am going to put it in in the next few months. I have the Ford airtemp and coolant temp sensors for my air/coolant temp sensors. The air one is mounted in my air charge line after the intercooler, and I have a custom tube with fitting for my coolant temp. I just cut the coolant line, and put it in between, then hose clamped.

The injectors I had to custom wire, pretty easy to do if you draw it out. If you open your injector harness, you will see 2 wires going to each injector. There are 2 batches of injectors stock. The stock computer fires each batch alternately. The stock batches are as follows.
        1. 1,3,5
        2. 2,4,6

Megasquirt needs it to be 1,2,3 and 4,5,6 in order to fire alternately correctly. So just make new wires going to each injector, I have 1 main 12v wire going into the injector harness, off of that, there are 6 wires athat go to each injector. Then i have 2 wires for grounding the batches. 1 has 3 wires going to 123, and 1 has 3 wires going to 456. Does that make sense? I can upload pics if you'd like...

I mounted the main MS board in the glove box, and the relay board is under the hood (where the extra battery spot is). All of the kit parts came within a week or so.

If you have anymore questions, dont hesitate to ask.

matt

Comment

Matt: About the relay board, I guess it could save the main MegaSquirt board in case of wrong wiring.. but I feel confident that I will not fsck it up. :)
          Was damage to the main board your _only_ reason for getting the relay board?

Comment

It is a LOT easier to wire the relay board then having to set up my own wiring. Its a lot easier to connect and disconnect the sensor wires as well. Take a lot of time out of troubleshooting IMO.

matt

Comment

Youre wiring sounds a bit confusing.. can you post pics?

Comment

Do you need to be a computer guru to use megasquirt???

Comment

matt's wiring scheme makes perfect sense.
                  Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
                  '99 M3 / Track Car
                  '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
                  '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

yah I know I re-read it after that post when i wasn't in a hurry.
                    I realized that it is a closed ground connection that fires the plug.
                    my bad, I thought it was the other way around...

Comment

Working...
                    X