86 325 es 2jz build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarMetic View Post
    Keep with it, just finished mine this year. All the work will be worth it.

Haha yea its slower going than i thought, tho a lot of the body rust wasnt obvious prior to pulling the carpets out ( i knew it was there, just not the extent). Plus figured id have better time management but i keep getting distracted ( by others/ myself).

You do everything yourself? I also see your local, would love to see your car sometime/ also probably bother you w questions about fuel systems/ things u wish u did better.

Curious also how much power you are putting down and wheel/ tire setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    89 325i - s62 swap, 5 lug

03 e46 m3 manual - Karbonius csl airbox and snorkel, ttfs csl map sensor rail, csl headers, euro cats, ss x-pipe, scza muffler, JRZ RS1, turner power pulleys, turner sways, autosolutions ssk, and advan rsIIs

Comment

Originally posted by sumolbandit View Post
      Haha yea its slower going than i thought, tho a lot of the body rust wasnt obvious prior to pulling the carpets out ( i knew it was there, just not the extent). Plus figured id have better time management but i keep getting distracted ( by others/ myself).

You do everything yourself? I also see your local, would love to see your car sometime/ also probably bother you w questions about fuel systems/ things u wish u did better.

Curious also how much power you are putting down and wheel/ tire setup.

For sure you're welcome to come check it out. You can follow the build up and upcoming mods on my IG @projectveronica_e30 . Any questions just shoot me a pm and I'll give you my info
      sigpic

1990 325is 2JZGTE Swap
      1989 325ix Coupe
      1988 325is Coupe
      1988 325i Euro Vert

Comment

Originally posted by CarMetic View Post
        For sure you're welcome to come check it out. You can follow the build up and upcoming mods on my IG @projectveronica_e30 . Any questions just shoot me a pm and I'll give you my info

Just checked ur insta, I was planning on using the same bumper lol. Bmp right? Ill def be pming you.

03 e46 m3 manual - Karbonius csl airbox and snorkel, ttfs csl map sensor rail, csl headers, euro cats, ss x-pipe, scza muffler, JRZ RS1, turner power pulleys, turner sways, autosolutions ssk, and advan rsIIs

Comment

Great work so far!! I have similar rust, actually probably more in my Alpine White E30 325is...hope its not that big of a pain in the ass. I said the same thing when I pulled the carpet, couldn't believe the amount of rust that was hiding in the corners.

I actually finished rust repair on my other E30 and had it painted(Calypso). Let me know if you need a hand, I'm up in Bergen!

Comment

86 325 es 2jz build

Originally posted by Gotboost79 View Post
            Great work so far!! I have similar rust, actually probably more in my Alpine White E30 325is...hope its not that big of a pain in the ass. I said the same thing when I pulled the carpet, couldn't believe the amount of rust that was hiding in the corners.

I actually finished rust repair on my other E30 and had it painted(Calypso). Let me know if you need a hand, I'm up in Bergen!

Thanks! Yea i was kinda ticked, as there was a bunch of filler so i didnt notice how bad it was. Luckily my skill has improved so now its not to bad.

Thanks for the offer! At the moment im good but that might change lol.

Current spot im working on is a little tricky.

Comment

If anybody still cares, finally got to work on the car again. Mixed w some medical reasons, and then my dad buying an lsb m3 that needed some work, ive been slacking on the car.

Final got that hole done.

Plan is to work on it tomorrow and sunday, welding the front pass side.

Comment

Late to update, but got the other side done last weekend as well ( for the most part, i have to fix something underneath still), just havent had time to grind it a bit and make it pretty.

The big parts left to weld are my trunk ( cut out the spare), fix a spot in the pass rear wheel well, and then the driverside side skirt. I hope to have these all done within two weekends, tho that might be optimistic.

I am in miami for ultra this weekend, so i likely wont update till next weekend as i probably wont get anything done this coming week.

Comment

Working...
                X