Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I reckon I'll get kicked out for this but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    Is this a joke?
    the t-belt part? no not a joke I am having a brain fart.

Comment

they have chains.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        they have chains.
        gotcha. Yeah, I have never actually messed with an M30. Owned an M30 car once for a few weeks, but re-sold it (for a profit, of course....)

Comment

I reckon after driving it I'm gonna have the cooling system flushed, it was running just above the halfway mark on the drive home. Might do it myself if I get ambitious...
          Island Green 1990 535i
          (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

You should do everything yourself that you can. Its way cheaper, you learn about your car way more, and its fun. If it was running on the warmer side, i would check the fan clutch. When the car is fully hot and idling, roll up a newspaper and cram it in your fanblades. If the fan instantly stops and has no resistance, you have a bad fan clutch. If your newspaper is shredded, the fan clutch is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
              If it was running on the warmer side, i would check the fan clutch. When the car is fully hot and idling, roll up a newspaper and cram it in your fanblades. If the fan instantly stops and has no resistance, you have a bad fan clutch. If your newspaper is shredded, the fan clutch is fine.
              Well, by that gauge, I need a new fan clutch. I did the test when the needle was hovering around 3/4. Time to crack open the Haynes that came with the car! I got three days to get this thing running cool!
              Island Green 1990 535i
              (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

redline water wetter and a cooler tstat
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brettholomew21 View Post
                  Well, by that gauge, I need a new fan clutch. I did the test when the needle was hovering around 3/4. Time to crack open the Haynes that came with the car! I got three days to get this thing running cool!
                  first of all your needle shouldn't be at 3/4, i'd watch that closely. And totally get a new fan clutch, try Napa, they seem to have access to alot of BMW parts that other's don't. And you shouldn't need Haynes!! to remove fan/clutch assembly: get a long skinny screwdriver to cram between the bolts of the pulley to hold it still, and loosen the big nut with a 32mm wrench, or something like that. maybe its a 34mm. and that big nut is REVERSE THREAD. So righty loosey lefty tighty.

Comment

Flushed the coolant today which brought the temp down to half or right above all day long, which eases my mind a little bit. The fan clutch will be a Monday project and I'll hopefully have it running cool (with a roof rack and some tunes) by Wednesday morning...
                    Island Green 1990 535i
                    (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

My E34 is almost back on the road. 1991 M5. God I love that car.

Comment

hell yeah, i see getting my e34 fixed with the next paycheck. the e30 is feeling a little small, lol.
                        1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                        1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                        1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                        1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                        1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                        I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus View Post
                          hell yeah, i see getting my e34 fixed with the next paycheck. the e30 is feeling a little small, lol.
                          Yeah i was kind of shocked at how much space there is behind and above my head coming from my old E30.

I think I'm getting some throwing stars after the stereo and the roof rack, so if anyone has any leads, LMK
                          Island Green 1990 535i
                          (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

get some style 5's, with a nice rack, that'll look good.

i finally saw a pic of your car, looks nice! grats on the purchase
                            1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                            1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                            1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                            1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                            1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                            I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

i'll show you a nice rack.... wait. wut?

Brett, after everything is in working order, you should drop the E34 on some H&Rs and Bilstien Sports, and do the style 5 thing.

Comment

Correction - should sell the E34 to me...

Comment

Working...
                                X