No announcement yet.

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a pens fan, but it's going to be a tough first round. We'll pull through in the end though. Pittsburgh in 6

Comment

Caps. Ovechkin found his old form at the right time and has been terrorizing other teams for the last month and a half. 25 goals in 25 games and just broke Lemieux's goal record for April. Hoping for a deep run.

Crosby is the best player in the entire history of the sport?! That's an extremely broad statement..... The Penguins are the most stacked team in the entire league. Their whole third line could play on most teams first...

Comment

HABS all day. Bad first game loss. Anderson is one brick wall! He showed up and Price let easy ones in. The second game was much better. The refs called the dumbest thinks on Prust. He got boarded, and fell on top of the puck. He gets called for closing his hand on it, but no boarding. Oh well! Go habs is all.
        sigpic
        1991 318i

Comment

Torres keeps giving me less of a reason to not like him...

Comment

Pens barely made it out of that game...

Comment

Another Canuck slaughter
              ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
              *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

Go Kings, Go! Sadly, do not think it is gonna happen (again) this year. But the magic from last year is still in the air!

Comment

Trina get that 4 game sweep on the Canucks today.

Comment

Go Blues!!

Kill the Kings...

Lets go Blues

tied in the series at 2-2

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
                    click here for details

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                      Trina get that 4 game sweep on the Canucks today.
                      hahaha i see what you did there

Thank You!

Comment

lol, check out this interview from kevin bieksa of the canucks. everyone knows that the canucks are the biggest drama queens in the nhl.

Comment

^they have one expensive shitty goalie sitting on the bench.

saying that crosby is the best best player to have played the game is just stupid. how many times do you see that waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles on the penalty kill? offensive talent? no doubt. both ends of the rink talent? um, no..... besides, he is always injured. talented or not he is fragile. its been 4 years since he played a full season. one of the qualities of a hall of fame player is being able to avoid injury and play as close to 82(or 45 this year) games as possible. it isn't just scoring goals that makes a player great. how can you possibly compare him to wayne gretsky or gordie howe? well, the comparison to gretsky is pretty easy. they are both offensively fantastic and completely worthless in their own end of the ice.

another good past example of above is petr forsberg. good hands, but a unfortunately always hurt and couldn't play in his own end.
                          Last edited by flyboyx; 05-07-2013, 06:42 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            saying that crosby is the best best player to have played the game is just stupid. how many times do you see that waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles on the penalty kill? offensive talent? no doubt. both ends of the rink talent? um, no..... besides, he is always injured. talented or not he is fragile. its been 4 years since he played a full season. one of the qualities of a hall of fame player is being able to avoid injury and play as close to 82(or 45 this year) games as possible. it isn't just scoring goals that makes a player great. how can you possibly compare him to wayne gretsky or gordie howe? well, the comparison to gretsky is pretty easy. they are both offensively fantastic and completely worthless in their own end of the ice.
                            You cant list a single player that plays as well against todays players. It only took the rest of the NHL 12 games to overpower Crosby's season point tally after his jaw was broken. Total waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles move too, to get your jaw broken by a deflected shot.

He isn't constantly discussed by professionals because he sucks dick.

Last time I checked, the team with the most goals wins games. While goals and assists are not everything, sit down, take some of your time, and put a little bit of thought into what makes a team win the Stanley Cup. Once again, it ultimately comes down to which team has the most goals. Goals usually come from players who feed other players with beautiful passes.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

your sarcasm comes across as you reinforcing my point. i agree with you that shittsburg has a great team. that has nothing to do with what i said above. what does playing well against today's players have to do with anything? this statement is only true when he is on offense. the last time i checked, defense is pretty darn important in hockey. this is especially so in the playoffs. newsflash: crosby sucks at defense.

the best forwards to play the game are also good defensemen as well. one that comes to mind offhand is pavel datsyuk. does he score as much as crosby? no. but he is certainly better as an all around player.

the league has been in existence for like 100 years. your statement earlier in this thread that crosby is the best player to ever play the sport is ludicrous. you spend too much time listening to penguins radio. he is indeed a great player. i am not a diehard pens fan but i like them just as well as most other teams and i generally root for them over whoever they are playing.

you are entitled to your opinion, but there is a hell of a lot more to being a good player than scoring goals. he takes no responsibility on the defensive end of the ice. he is not a well rounded player and he is always hurt. in 2011, he played 41 games.(half the season) 2012, 22 games because of a concussion. this year, 32 games in the regular season rings a bell. i am not saying injuries are within any player's control. i am saying he misses too many games because of injuries. he has soft hands and lacks toughness. the way things are going for him, his body is going to be so busted up, he will have to retire in a couple years.

its all fine and dandy to sit around and listen to some analyst hanging on his sack. this compounded with the fact you are a pens fan apparently makes crosby a god in your eyes. good for you. just know that at the very best he ranks perhaps in the top 10 offensive players (or perhaps 20 if you include all positions) to play in the nhl in modern times. anyone with any objective viewpoint will tell you this.

besides, it takes an entire team to win a game, a series, or a stanley cup. not just one whinny assed player that can put a puck in the back of the net when he isn't crying about a "tummy ache" or whatever it happens to be this week.

of course, any nhl team would be happy to have him on their roster. i am not saying he is a piece of shit. i am saying that he has his limitations and he is NOT the great one.
                              Last edited by flyboyx; 05-23-2013, 08:23 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Anybody see that sweep? Fuckin tight game

Thank You!

Comment

Working...
                                X