Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he wants me to rock those sweet wheels on my car

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
      Interested to see your intake design, there has been some talk recently about the factory intake manifold and its drawbacks. That's on an n/a car though. I forgot about your build, looks like you have got it ironed out well, 2.8L m20 with 8.5:1 CR and 17 psi making 400 hp on pump gas and you haven't blown the diff. nice!!

Maybe I shouldn't have gone with such a high CR, I'm at 9.5:1 in my 3.1L turbo, but I also think i'm getting boost creep at the moment and my map sensor only goes to 121 kpa.

What are you going to do with those sick wheels on the second ix?
      I think I'm going to hang the this diff on the wall once i take it out, it's survived quite a few lunches on boost with the lunch control set at 5k hehe.

I don't know I'm kind of jelious of your comp ratio, 9.5:1 paired with e85 or water meth, Definitely potential of serious power.

And for the wheels haha, I'm undecided but i definitely need to put them to use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Great build! :D

Sorry for the small hijack.

Where exactly on the engine block did you put the knock sensor?
        Did you only use the Det cans or did you use the Megasquirt knock module?

And, what brand LS coil did you end up buying?

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks man!
          I mounted the knock sensor right here. I'm using a haltech elite ecu which has a very good knock control strategy. I built the det cans just to use to find the frequency of knock that my motor produces so I can tune my ecu to focus on that frequency and not other background sounds.

The coils are acdelco truck coils (d585) there one of the most powerful oem coils, Supra guys use them over 1000hp. Just be careful if you buy a set because there's a lot of knock offs that even say acdelco right on them. Talk to http://www.mojoperf.com if your interested in a set.
          Originally posted by grifle View Post
          Great build! :D

Sorry for the small hijack.

Where exactly on the engine block did you put the knock sensor?
          Did you only use the Det cans or did you use the Megasquirt knock module?

And, what brand LS coil did you end up buying?

Thanks.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Grife, stay tuned, steve is helping me with my build and i am running megasquirt, if i can get it to work with a knock sensor i will post it for you

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Comment

Well I haven't got shit done this winter, I've been doing tons of overtime so I haven't had much time. But I did get some new goodies ordered that will hopefully show up soon. But I did play in the garage a little and cut up an intake.
                I really wanted to get that 5 series didf in by spring but I just don't know if it's going to happen yet. If I don't get the diff in i can almost guarantee that the stock diff will not survive this year haha.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Taped up all the piping to avoid scratching it all to hell. Pretty much as far as I can go until I pull my manifold and test fit it. As it sits the plunum is about 4.2 litters which works out to be 150% of my 2.8l motor so it should be about ideal for a mid size turbo setup.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

All the manifold runners are welder up and I even started polishing them to see how they might look done haha.

Also some presents came in, still waiting on one more present though.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I wish I was better at aluminum welding cause it looks to pretty all tacked up, but don't worry I'll bubble gum it up haha

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

That intake is awesome! Where'd you get the parts from?
                        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                          That intake is awesome! Where'd you get the parts from?
                          Thanks man, I bought the base plate and the stacks from kl racing, they have tons of goodies for e30s.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                            Thanks man, I bought the base plate and the stacks from kl racing, they have tons of goodies for e30s.

Pretty cool stuff on there. Seems like all the crazy stuff comes out of Scandinavia

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
                              Pretty cool stuff on there. Seems like all the crazy stuff comes out of Scandinavia
                              Ya it's amazing, so many high power m20s over there.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                                Ya it's amazing, so many high power m20s over there.

Yeah I think basically every 500+ build I have seen is from up there...absolutely crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X