No announcement yet.

86 325 es 2jz build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some updates- old suspension is completely out of the car, and I decided to rebuild the 5 lug stuff before putting it in (new bearings bushings etc). Also test fitted the mz3 subframe which fits. I am waiting to hear back from someone on whether the mz3 bushing is the same size as the e30 one (different mounting to the body).

Took out the wiring near areas requiring welding. Plan on practicing this week/ weekend w the machine (just got a welding table), and hopefully I will be comfortable enough to start doing patch work this weekend.

Also took the brake booster out of the car.

As far as schedule of doing things, we have kinda shifted.
    New plan:
    Fix body rust
    rebuild 5 lug stuff
    install 5 lug stuff
    build wide body fenders
    test fit engine and accessories (cooling etc)
    reinstall 4 lug stuff
    Get cage installed
    get car painted
    While car is gone, replace engine bolt ons (including turbo), purchase interior stuff, make a cluster etc.
    Then put it all back together.
    89 325i - s62 swap, 5 lug

03 e46 m3 manual - Karbonius csl airbox and snorkel, ttfs csl map sensor rail, csl headers, euro cats, ss x-pipe, scza muffler, JRZ RS1, turner power pulleys, turner sways, autosolutions ssk, and advan rsIIs

Comment

Got a bunch of parts in the mail for the rebuild of the suspension this week. Confirmed that the e30 subframe bushings will fit the mz3 subframe. Ordered street/performance 95a urethane bushings from akg. I also bought some parts for my m3 (like a valve adjustment kit), so unfortunately I am going to burn a weekend soon doing that.Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	7184278
      Attached Files

03 e46 m3 manual - Karbonius csl airbox and snorkel, ttfs csl map sensor rail, csl headers, euro cats, ss x-pipe, scza muffler, JRZ RS1, turner power pulleys, turner sways, autosolutions ssk, and advan rsIIs

Comment

Sumol like the soda? Nice project!

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
          Sumol like the soda? Nice project!
          yea inside joke from years ago. And thanks!

Comment

86 325 es 2jz build

Still waiting on all the bushings ( i dont think im missing anything else to rebuild the 5 lug except for brake rebuild kits which ill do when i sandblast the calipers) . Everything is supposed to be here by wed. Had a bit of a busy weekend otherwise( bought a truck amongst other things) and had to clean out the garage as i was starting to lose space from all of the rims, fenders, and random suspension pieces from the e30 that have been collecting on the floor. Also bought a new radiator and intercooler so i can start test fitting that stuff, should also be here this week. Plan on getting a full day of practice welding in this saturday, w sunday possibly being a wash due to easter. Will update w some pics once i have all the parts coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Past couple of weekends I have been playing with the welder and amassing parts. Feeling pretty comfortable with it and will probably start using it on the car next weekend.

As of today, mz3 rear is in, passenger side shock still needs to be installed. All new bushings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpg
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	7184514

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	7184516

Name:	image9.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	7184518

Made a $30 tool with a socket.

Name:	image5.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	7184520

With my m3's winters. Looks pretty nice.

Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	7184522
              Attached Files

Comment

Also an update of the parts that I have around my house.

Name:	image2 (1).jpg
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	7184524

Motor mounts from freed engineering

Name:	image3 (1).jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	7184526

e46 steering rack

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	7184528

18" x 12" x 3" 2.5" in/out

Name:	image5.jpg
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	7184531

Mishimoto xline e30/36 radiator

Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	7184533

assorted bearings/stuff
                Attached Files

Comment

This is gonna be great.

Sent from my payphone using Tapatalk
                  1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                  1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                  Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
                  1967 2002 parts car
                  1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Update for today- Finished the rear and got the control arms on front. Went to assemble the brakes only to realize I didnt have the rubber gasket for the caliper pins. (ordered them, should be in by the weekend). Also decided to buy the seal kits for the brakes, as well as new rotors/brakes since there isnt much life left on what the suspension came with.

Big decision too, with seeing how much the wheel sticks out, Ive decided to just get fender flares (probably kamotors possibily). A lot less work/will probably look better than me making a boxy wide body for the car.

Comment

So not much has been done on the car as ive gotten a little busy and been waiting on parts. I did not receive the brake parts i needed to finish the 5 lug swap until last monday ( 18th), so that weekend prior i focused on rust removal and paint stripping. This weekend, i had to go to the shore and work on getting my house down there ready for renting, so the car was untouched this weekend.

Some more parts have come in though, including my aem infinity 6 ecu, a supra plug and play harness adapter for the infinity, and i got word that the cd0009 trans adapter is going to be shipped hopefully this week.

I should be working on the car all day friday and sunday ( sat im tracking my m3), but i plan on finishing test fitting the 5 lug swap, then i plan on cutting away rust and welding the car back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So I ended up going to the doctors on friday and found out I had a sprained wrist. Was told no heavy lifting. So I ended up painting at the shore all weekend. This was probably the last weekend I had to dedicate to work on the car until I get back from asia at the end of june. In the mean time, more parts have trickled in.

Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	7184979

Hawk street/race pads and drilled/slotted rotors

Name:	image2.jpg
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	7184981

Aem infinity 6 ecu (have plug and play harness)

Name:	image3.jpeg
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	7184983

Qm thrust bearing

Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	7184985

Supra store 2jz cd009 adapter plate

Name:	image6.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	7184987

R154 bell housing for cd009 swap
                        Attached Files

Comment

This is sick.

1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                          1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                          Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
                          1967 2002 parts car
                          1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
                            This is sick.

Thanks man.

Comment

I like this sub'd for 2JZE30 coolness and also sorta local. I definitely want to see this thing whenever you get it running and driving :)
                              -Dee
                              5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                              IG: @deebelmont

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
                                I like this sub'd for 2JZE30 coolness and also sorta local. I definitely want to see this thing whenever you get it running and driving :)

Yea man for sure. Once its running ill probably be at a track or show most weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X