• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerkin with my Jensen #19998 (11/6)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

I'll be praying for you.

Enjoy it though, you madman! :)
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

V12 swap it.
      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Looks like quite the project, good luck!
        2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

What is wrong with you! haha
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That Slammin boy...
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

On to more pics....

The engine bay. I cleaned it a bit, of course after the pics.

...and here's the bad part(s)

Under the brake booster. I suspect there was a brake fluid leak and that ate the paint away. There was a pile of leaves in this area, and when I vacuumed them out the hole appeared.

Driver's side hood hinge mount. The passenger isn't bad, but will prob need some patching for longevity.

.....annnnnd under the fuel tank. Some plate steel and seam sealer will take care of this easily enough.

The tank itself was empty of fuel, but it's toast inside. Looks like they sell alloy tanks online for these cars. The driver's door is toast, so it'll get replaced. The passenger door is still salvageable. The floor pans are still good.

Ordered the timing belt and rollers last night. In the meantime I'll check and adjust the valves. Apparently these engines are prone to burning exhaust valves if they're not adjusted properly.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Good luck getting the valve covers sealed again
                  Byron
                  Leichtbau

Comment

I enjoyed your taste in troubled vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by flyboyx
                    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Yeah, even if they looked good, there's all this chaos under the sheet metal! They tried to tell us it were the next Austin-Healey 3000, but it wurnt.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                        Good luck getting the valve covers sealed again
                        Already have the rubber gaskets installed. We'll see, lol.

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                        I enjoyed your taste in troubled vehicles.
                        Bet you can't wait to see what I get next month!

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        Yeah, even if they looked good, there's all this chaos under the sheet metal! They tried to tell us it were the next Austin-Healey 3000, but it wurnt.
                        Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to strip 'er down and start over. Was hoping I'd have the thing driving by Spring, but nooooope. Luckily the rust is pretty localized to the entire driver's side bulkhead area. I'll persevere. I've wanted a cheap English roadster that isn't a TR6 or MGB forever. The obscurity of this thing makes me want to save it even more.

Pooshed it into the garage since there is a hurricane coming up. Took off the left front wing to assess damage. I wasn't unhappy with the results. I didn't know these had fibreglass wings up front. ^_^

It's all manageable in there. I'll pull the windscreen and dash next and see what that reveals. Got the hood to shut and latch. Had to adjust the seized bonnet cable. I guess I'll order a new one eventually. Add it to the list.

Comment

Now for a defining moment of what would you do?

This was under the windscreen finishing trim. I've shot an email to a company in England who bought all the Jensen tooling when they folded up, but that's probably going to be crazyyyy expensive. I'm thinking, and discussing with Paul, that I can make this entire thing up of several smaller bits, formed with a metal brake and stretcher....or I can try to make use of a parts e28 I have to get the bends/angles I need. It's all going to be hidden under the windscreen trim, so as long as it's there to support everything it'll be fine.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                            Now for a defining moment of what would you do?

This was under the windscreen finishing trim. I've shot an email to a company in England who bought all the Jensen tooling when they folded up, but that's probably going to be crazyyyy expensive. I'm thinking, and discussing with Paul, that I can make this entire thing up of several smaller bits, formed with a metal brake and stretcher....or I can try to make use of a parts e28 I have to get the bends/angles I need. It's all going to be hidden under the windscreen trim, so as long as it's there to support everything it'll be fine.

Thoughts?
                            Honestly, I'd see how much Reproduction metal will be, if it's available at all. If not, This might just be a death nail. That is a lot of cancer, and who knows what it looks like in other places.
                            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                              Honestly, I'd see how much Reproduction metal will be, if it's available at all. If not, This might just be a death nail. That is a lot of cancer, and who knows what it looks like in other places.
                              I know, lol, I've gone rust hunting and am confident I've found it all. There's not a lot of places for it to hide.

I'm waiting on a reply from a place that bought all Jensen's tooling back in the 80s to see if they make this piece. If not, I'll be making it by hand. Someone put the car together by hand....why shouldn't I be able to fix it?

Comment

Working...
                              X