No announcement yet.

1991 E34 M5. Black/black 138K miles. Receipts since new - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 E34 M5. Black/black 138K miles. Receipts since new - No Longer Available

1991 E34 M5. Black/black 138K miles. Receipts since new

Long time owner of several prior and current E30s and as well as many other BMWs selling due to recent new house and P car purchase. A couple too many cars on the fleet so unfortunately I'm selling this beautiful E34 M5 and at least one of my E30s.

Black exterior / black leather interior. 138.1xx miles. 3.6L 6 cyl. Engine. The last of the handmade M5s which recently have been appreciating in price. Purchased in 4/?14 with 130K miles from a doctor who purchased the car in 1994 (stacks of maintenance receipts dating back to the original owner when the car was 1st purchased). All electronics work. No rust, leaks or funny noises. It looks, drives, handles and sounds great. Very clean interior, very well maintained, upgraded sound system and in excellent overall condition. Clear title under my name.

- E34 M5 D?Sylva performance chip (also have stock)
    - New B&B Triflow stainless steel cat-back exhaust
    - New Koni yellow single adjustable front strut assemblies and rear shocks
    - New H&R sport suspension springs
    - New BMW OEM shock / strut mounts
    - New BMW OEM front Brake rotors
    - New BMW OEM front & rear brake pads
    - Fully forged (extreme light & strong) silver Morr VS8.2 19x8.5 & 19x10 wheels wrapped in 245/35/19 & 275/30/19 Continental DW tires with over half thread left (set cost almost $4k new).
    - 17x8 M-System original spare wheel (& tire) in great condition
    - No dash cracks (removable dash cover always used)
    - Steel braided brake lines front and rear
    - Complete factory toolkit
    - 3M Crystalline window tint (lifetime warranty)
    - Alpine CD/MP3 player head unit, amp & upgraded speakers
    - Prewired for Valentine 1 radar detector
    - Illuminated ///M leather shift knob
    - Extra sound insulation throughout installed by previous owner (very quiet inside)
    - Black kidney grills (have stock chrome pieces)
    - Paint matched rear trunk lip spoiler
    - New professionally installed European H1 ?smilies? headlights set with daytime running lights wired to intermediate lights (also have the stock ones)

Other Recent Maintenance

- 7/?17 VA Safety inspection completed
    - BMW coolant system flush
    - New coolant hoses
    - New BMW air filter
    - New power steering hoses
    - Various suspension bushings and drive train mounts were replaced when suspension was refreshed
    - New rear subframe mounts
    - Several other minor items replaced as required under my ownership
    - Regular Lexol leather treatment throughout all leather surfaces
    - Maintenance done by previous owner prior to purchase: ?recent tune-up/air filter/oil filter/valve adjustment/valve cover gasket/clean valve train without sludge/new belts/fuel filter/fuel lines replaced. Cooling system flushed, water pump & hoses replaced?.
    - Tons of receipts dating back to the original owner in late 1990 when the car was new

Notes
    - Leather is in very good and supple condition throughout with the exception of a small rip on driver's side seat bolster. A good upholsterer should be able to replace this panel.
    - Several paint chips and scratches commensurate to a vehicle of this age and mileage. Paint is thin in some areas where previous owner or detailer got too aggressive with orbital buffer.
    - Glue on door panels is coming undone. This is a common issue with early E34s and some owners replace these with easily obtainable later model E34 door panels. These were built based on a slightly different design which minimized this problem. I was going to have an upholsterer fix these and the seat bolster at the same time but focused in refreshing the suspension & other more pressing items 1st so didn't get around to do these yet.

Only if you're serious and able to purchase the car please PM me for any details, questions or more pictures. Located in NoVA outside of DC. No trades, no low-ball offers, no scams, no joy rides.

Thank you.

List Date: 7/29/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1991 E34 M5. Black/black 138K miles. Receipts since new
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited by MOTOMAN; 07-30-2016, 09:14 PM.

Sweet, beautiful car!
    Ultimate sleeper...
    Incredible performance for the price of a used Camry.
    This is gonna make someone a very happy new owner! GLWS

Comment

Thank you Inline Six. I searched for a car like this for months & flew to FL to pick this one up & drove it home. I know I'm going to regret the sale of this one but having a family one has to do what one has to do. I've gotten lots of responses and on the advise of a couple of people I've decided to post it on BAT as well since someone has submitted it there already.

Thank you all.
      Last edited by MOTOMAN; 07-29-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

What are the details of the e30 you're selling?

Comment

WOW! This is a great example of a clean, well kept ///M5. Its a goal of mine to own one eventually. GLWS!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
          My Garage
          09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
          09 E92 335i Msport
          09 E70 X5 4.8
          88 325es - Build Thread - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=383423
          87 325i m50 swap
          87 325es

Comment

Originally posted by mgoblue View Post
            What are the details of the e30 you're selling?
            Will be posting soon my zinno '86 325i coupe (M20b25 engine & 5 speed tranny transplant) that I've owned for the past 13 years.

Bilstein sports, H&R springs, E30M3 4:10LSD, ST sway bars, new ESM 007 wheels & new BFG tires. Just got a valve adjustment, oil pan gasket done & new radiator installed. Large stack of maintenance records from me and the previous owner. Not a show car but a solid, fun & reliable DD.

Thanks.

Comment

A quick bump before it goes to BAT.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X