Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik j View Post
    Ronal Turbos running snow tires
    ronal turbos are probably one of my favorite sets of wheels, I'll be looking for some when I get an IS and sell my IX.

Comment

anyone have pics of 15 inch kosei K1s on an ix?

btw those mud tires are sweet ^^
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by mbulsa View Post
        what lip is that?
        Reiger Lip with a splitter.
        sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
        "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

Looking to build a winter rally machine this summer, I am curious whether or not anyone has ever rocked Compomotive's on an iX. Narrow wheels would be perfect as I am going with skinny snows. Not aware what is out there, would offset be correct or obtainable with spacers?

Comment

7.5x17 et22 on mine

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              no that won't even fit

on a 7" wide wheel at ET24 you would need to roll the fenders, at ET10 you'd be sticking out ~10mm past the flares..

just wanted to reiterate this. although you probably can get away not doing it, but you will rub.

im running 15x7 et26, with 205/50/15s (azeni 615s) and i only rub if i go full lock, and its only at the very end. i've been meaning to roll my fenders so i dont rub, but its just not that big off an issue. a few squeaks when i pull a 3 point turn and thats it.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

puttin' these badboys on once i finish my suspension
                www.instagram.com/snwmble
                #snwmble

Current:
                '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Here's mine on 16x7 bbs rs003's et25 205/55r16 dunlop star specs
                  Yes my paint sucks pretty bad.:(

And what it had before, ATS 17x7 et38 205/40r17 parada spec 2's

Comment

what's the largest couple sizes you could run a 17x8 wheel in on an ix?
                    What about the lowest offset? I'm looking into maybe making space at the body side lip and using the skirts instead, if that would help with clearance.

The reason I ask all this is, I have 20mm(F)/25mm(R) spacers for 17x8 wheels I'd like to put on for the summer.

91 318i | 87 535iS

Comment

For an iX, an an 8 inch wheel needs a 30-33 mm offset or so (I'm sure Nando willl chime in). As for tires I suppose you could do a 225, but my guess is that 215's are more likely to be available.

Comment

215/40 is the most common size in 17" that's close to stock OD. that should work fine on a 8" wide wheel and give you a bit more wiggle room for offsets.

note that any 7.5" or wider fitment basically assumes you've trimmed and rolled the rear flares/fender lips.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Do the AC Schniter Type 1 wheels et25 fit an iX?

Thanks

Comment

^^ you need about 15 mm spacers to fit those
                            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by mpowers_04 View Post
                              Do the AC Schniter Type 1 wheels et25 fit an iX?

Thanks
                              the offset is a little too low for a meaty tire fitment, but they may just barely work with a 205/45. you will definitely have to roll/trim the rear fenders &h flares.

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                              ^^ you need about 15 mm spacers to fit those
                              no.. that would make them stick out even more. no ET10 16x7.5 wheel is going to fit well on the ix unless you're going for the ultra stretched/stanced look.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

+1 ^. Spacers are just gonna push those out further. It's actually a pretty close fit to my Alpinas.....the tire size nando suggested might make them doable.
                                www.instagram.com/snwmble
                                #snwmble

Current:
                                '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                                '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                                '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                                '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                                '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                                '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                                '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                                '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Working...
                                X