Rear hatch lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
    You can order oe bmw keys from a bunch of vendors on r3v and I have a local places that just cuts keys and they cut my keys for $8. I think it cost me $30 for the key and getting cut last time i had it done.
    ok..again..what works for you, doesn't apply to everywhere else. I ran into this issue with my Nissan a few years ago; no local locksmith would touch a steel key.
    -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
    -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
      You can order oe bmw keys from a bunch of vendors on r3v and I have a local places that just cuts keys and they cut my keys for $8. I think it cost me $30 for the key and getting cut last time i had it done.
      Yes - I see the blanks all over e-bay. My current keys are all worn down, so I don't have a good one to cut from. The extra $12 is worth the piece of mind.
      1992 325i Cabrio
      1988 320i Touring
      2000 M5
      1977 530i
      2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
      BMWCCA
      E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by crash n' burn View Post
        ok..again..what works for you, doesn't apply to everywhere else. I ran into this issue with my Nissan a few years ago; no local locksmith would touch a steel key.
        I was just saying it can be done as you stated you were afraid it couldnt..
        Originally posted by blunttech
        Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
        :shock:

Comment

Just to close this one out - I picked up the replacement key from the dealer yesterday and it works great. They even ordered a lighted key as the replacement without charging me the difference.

Thanks again to those who pointed out the obvious - the first key was a valet key. Duh!

Cory
          1992 325i Cabrio
          1988 320i Touring
          2000 M5
          1977 530i
          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
          BMWCCA
          E30CCA

Comment

Working...
          X