X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
    lyin george
    keep up the meaningful contributions brave

i haven't been to this thread for a while because of immature comments like yours normally are

as i've said before, grow a pair, take a stand and be an adult, not a whiny snot nose baggy pants snowflake

that being said, i'm for locking and delegating this particular thread to history. too many unhinged lefties like holmes that are butt hurt and want everyone to know life is unfair
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
      This is an overreaction. I don't know why you would request to shut down this subforum when it's not in your authority to do so. I also don't understand why you would as you are the moderator, a volunteer position, and you conceivably wanted that position and had some sort of connection to this place at one time. Why not just resign if you don't like it? If Criv wants to delete this sub he can use his dictatorial powers to do so but the discussion will just end up back in the off topic forum.

This subforum is simply a representation of the political climate in this country which is certainly toxic. I think it's important to have a place like this to blow off steam. Better here than in the workplace or at the dinner table or on the streets with fists and guns like they do in other countries.

It's better that this place stays.
      Not in our authority? Who's authority do you think it is?

Certainly, James gets the ultimate say in the end.. But a website is like somebody's house. You have a right to free speech but you don't get to come into somebody's house say whatever you want without getting kicked out.

This is first and foremost a car forum. If you really think somebody here is going to go on a killing spree because they couldn't argue about politics on a car forum, then maybe we should be escalating this to the police - that's absolutely ridiculous. Go find a Fox News / Huff Post / Facebook thread to troll if you need to vent.

This forum only makes the mood around here more toxic and divisive. Nothing good has ever come from any of these threads - just more arguing and animosity.

Some guys don't own E30s but still come to shoot the breeze with people they've known for years, but I'm guessing if you're only here for this particular sub-forum nobody is really going to miss you.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

This is an overreaction. I don't know why you would request to shut down this subforum when it's not in your authority to do so. I also don't understand why you would as you are the moderator, a volunteer position, and you conceivably wanted that position and had some sort of connection to this place at one time. Why not just resign if you don't like it?

I liken this subforum to a hairy mole on a lingerie model. Most can overlook the minor blemish and look at all the beauty that surrounds it, but some just can't avert their gaze and see only ugliness. I think if we could trim a few of the hairs it might be more tolerable, but it makes more sense to just remove the entire mole.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

This subforum is simply a representation of the political climate in this country which is certainly toxic.
          Very high polarization, indeed. The total lack of common sense from the past two months made discussion only get emotional. Nothing rational can come out of it when even basic facts are no longer respected. When they don't fit the official agenda, they are deemed "fake news". Something never seen before.

A political section is still welcome, I think, but perhaps with the mention that it is for "entertainment only" and that it won't change how Mister prez behaves. ;-) So, let keep personal insults, stubborness and seriousness out of this section. ;D
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
            Very high polarization, indeed. The total lack of common sense from the past two months made discussion only get emotional. Nothing rational can come out of it when even basic facts are no longer respected. When they don't fit the official agenda, they are deemed "fake news". Something never seen before.

A political section is still welcome, I think, but perhaps with the mention that it is for "entertainment only" and that it won't change how Mister prez behaves. ;-) So, let keep personal insults, stubborness and seriousness out of this section. ;D
            How about a no trolling rule lee?
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

You are funny!
              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                How about a no trolling rule lee?
                I suppose that you follow Trump's guidelines, right? People who don't submit to your "reality" are trolls and spreading fake news... You guys are so funny.

But hey, thanks for giving us great entertainment for 2 months now. Definitely better than afternoon soaps... ;-)
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  What he said was:

That's toeing the line of name-calling, but it wasn't blatant.

This guy, however, just got two weeks:

Two points I'll make:
                  1. As far as my enforcement of the rules here, saying "if you think _____ then you're a _____" is different than saying "you're a _____." The former gets you on my radar; the latter is a blatant rules violation and gets you a timeout.
                  2. I have formally requested that this subforum be shut down. As I've said already, there is exactly ZERO productive or informative discourse happening in here. Although in light of the current situation at R3V HQ, it may be a while.
                  I think you are completely in the wrong wanting to shut this subforum down.

But it's not like my opinion matters.
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    keep up the meaningful contributions brave

i haven't been to this thread for a while because of immature comments like yours normally are

as i've said before, grow a pair, take a stand and be an adult, not a whiny snot nose baggy pants snowflake

that being said, i'm for locking and delegating this particular thread to history. too many unhinged lefties like holmes that are butt hurt and want everyone to know life is unfair
                    I do take a stand, that's why I make a point to call you out for being a liar. I refuse to let your lying go unchecked.

Comment

You are not very good at it Scared Ulysses.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

If you can't handle it, maybe you shouldn't be an admin/mod. I got sick of the BS on the r3v FB, so I didn't formally request we closed it, I removed myself from something that was bothering me.

My real concern now is, why didn't you formally request to close this subforum at any time in the past 8 years while still having Moderator title?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                          If you can't handle it, maybe you shouldn't be an admin/mod. I got sick of the BS on the r3v FB, so I didn't formally request we closed it, I removed myself from something that was bothering me.

My real concern now is, why didn't you formally request to close this subforum at any time in the past 8 years while still having Moderator title?
                          I would imagine its hard to be a cop in Detroit after 8 years too. Cut him a little slack though I agree with your solution as a matter of practicality.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

It has zero to do with me not being able to handle it; it's that it's nothing but a shitshow in here. I've been letting a lot of things slide in here in the interest of simply not interfering with the discussions, so maybe a more itchy trigger finger will get the point across...?

Refer to my mole comment above.

Because for those eight years, despite some of the usual suspects flinging poo at each other (as they always have), there were some semi-intelligent discussions taking place. Now it's degraded to the point where it serves no purpose other than allowing keyboard warriors - most of whom don't even own an E30 - to beat the drums of their beliefs and opinions ad nauseam.

Refer to the sticky post at the top of this subforum; emphasis mine:

This forum was created for civil discussions of issues regarding politics and religion. Outright flaming of people for their political stance or religious beliefs WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

We have a zero tolerance policy for personal attacks for either of the above-mentioned items. Offenders will be warned once, and then permanently banned.*

This is a car forum. We understand that people want to talk about things besides cars sometimes, and that often includes political and religious topics. But this is NOT a place for rampant and uncontrolled flaming and/or personal attacks. If discussions of these topics do not remain civil, they will no longer be permitted on this site.
                            * I have admittedly not been following through on this, though I suppose it's time I did.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Because for those eight years, despite some of the usual suspects flinging poo at each other (as they always have)
                              r3v turned into the car-forum version of /b/ years before you registered.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

^This.

It's much more roaring 20's than the Wild West free-for-all it used to be as stated above, a time before you were even here. Seriously, this subforum, and this forum as a whole has become a sleepy backwater hamlet from the days of yore.

It hasn't degraded.

Talking about your itchy trigger finger even more so makes you look like that kid that everyone knew would end up being a cop. Maybe there is some super secret subforum for Moderators to talk in, but I would expect to see a majority of moderators and/or the administrator share their opinions and desires to shutter an active subforum.

Comment

Working...
                                X