Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel every single bump,crack, pebble onthe road it's worst cause my widows rattle l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    I ran a custom home-built one for a year or so and never could notice a difference. It was made from tubular steel, just like the RaceSkids version. Personally I don't think the ButtStrut's aluminum bar design would have anywhere near the torsional rigidity necessary to create a measurable (let alone noticeable) effect.
    Interesting, I was wondering if they were worth it. Seemed like a good compliment to the x brace.

Comment

The z30 guys seem to think it works, all the the ones I seen are pretty over priced for a single bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I drove my vert yesterday for the first time in years and noticed a ton of rattles coming from the glove box. Might be another good place to poke around OP.

Comment

My seats are also lose,are they supposed to be like that ? Not lose from the bolt but from the upper back

Comment

I'm in the same boat with rattles in the door, would love to see how your car looks with mtech bumpers and mt1 side skirts, just got mtech2 bumpers as well

Comment

I'm going to get new tires less stretch and bit more rubber

Comment

Went through some of what you see in my vert.
                Glass-if you have top down and want side windows all the way up then both need to be up or you get rattle. I generally run top down with front side windows up just an inch or two and the rears full down.
                Top up - I get a little rattle. But it's not constant. There is adj for the windows, maybe you can raise them a bit.
                Lowering-the undisputed combo is h&r 50407 & konis. Drop is as advertised, 1.4 Fr & .75 in rear. Unless you are going to track or want it slammed there is no better ride for the money. Seen folks with b8's that are not happy. For the money, konis are just a little more.
                Refresh kit- yep good idea.
                Good luck
                Bruce

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
                89 e30 white vert
                88 e30 Red vert
                2003 330i sedan
                2011 E93 335is
                2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Originally posted by BruceJ View Post
                  Went through some of what you see in my vert.
                  Glass-if you have top down and want side windows all the way up then both need to be up or you get rattle. I generally run top down with front side windows up just an inch or two and the rears full down.
                  Top up - I get a little rattle. But it's not constant. There is adj for the windows, maybe you can raise them a bit.
                  Lowering-the undisputed combo is h&r 50407 & konis. Drop is as advertised, 1.4 Fr & .75 in rear. Unless you are going to track or want it slammed there is no better ride for the money. Seen folks with b8's that are not happy. For the money, konis are just a little more.
                  Refresh kit- yep good idea.
                  Good luck
                  Bruce

What's size wheel and tire are you running, and H&R 50407 coupe or convertible specific

Comment

Wheels are 15x8 et20, tires are 205/55/15.
                    50407's are convertible specific. They are Not on in my current pictures. Some time next week I will put them on, along with E90 drophats.

89 e30 white vert
                    88 e30 Red vert
                    2003 330i sedan
                    2011 E93 335is
                    2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Originally posted by Mixedbyjairo View Post
                      My seats are also lose,are they supposed to be like that ? Not lose from the bolt but from the upper back

Don't follow, do you mean the upper won't lock in place?

89 e30 white vert
                      88 e30 Red vert
                      2003 330i sedan
                      2011 E93 335is
                      2007 Z4Si (gone)

Comment

Originally posted by BruceJ View Post
                        Don't follow, do you mean the upper won't lock in place?

Like if I shake the seat it's all loose like if screw where loose

Comment

You guys think 215/40r16 would rub? I have 16x8 rims. I run 4mm spacers in front cause my rim was rubbing against my coilovers in front.. i think I would have a better ride I have 205/45 tire now my ride sucks ass

Comment

That's why I make the under car brace for this car.
                            http://raceskids.com/products/race-s...-brace-details
                            Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
                            http://raceskids.com/

Comment

I feel every single bump,crack, pebble onthe road it's worst cause my widows rattle l

Originally posted by ejnight View Post
                              That's why I make the under car brace for this car.

http://raceskids.com/products/race-s...-brace-details

I have one from Garagistic, but it hangs low I can't lower my car any more cause it scrape

Last edited by Mixedbyjairo; 06-06-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I have a significant amount of window rattling when the windows are down all the way and even with them slightly raised. I discovered that the way the window glass connects to the regulators is by what look like plastic or nylon or plastic bushings/rollers. It seems that these parts are loose and cannot be tightened. I don't know if parts shrunk over time or what but over the winter I am going to try to do something to tighten them up.
                                Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X