'Vert door rattle possible fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Vert door rattle possible fix

My vert had had a terrible knock/rattle coming from the driver door whenever I went over bumps. It was a good gauge of how severe a bump was, but not really enjoyable I thought I would never fix it, until today when I took a look in my door and found that the (what I assume to be) vert specific door reinforcement bar was loose. There wasn't any play, but the 13mm nut on the left side required a fair bit of tightening. Easy fix, and I won't lose any more sleep over a rattly door! :yawn:
    Attached Files

Good find. Maybe it will help others out there. mine old one had driver side door rattle, never took time to figure it out just sold her and brought another mint one.

Comment

Just bought my E30 and this was the first thing I noticed. I'll definitely check mine out this weekend and report back to you guys.
      sigpic

Comment

Good to know, i need to check mine :up:

Comment

Great Find!! I will definitely look into this when I replace the door locks on both sides.

Comment

Just checked my vert driver's door since it has a rattle when shutting the door with the window down. The pass door is dead quiet so it's quite annoying OCD wise..

Anyway no joy with the 13mm nut on the side impact bar. Assuming you're talking about the nut towards the rear of the door near the window track. It was super tight in my case and not the cause of my rattle. I'll chase it down someday.. all I know is there's no noise when you shut the door with the window up. Maybe the window rail lining pieces are worn out. The weatherstrip is all new, and anyway the window tucks below that weatherstripping when down so that's not really a factor.

I did find a broken brown/green wire near the door lock. Seems like my car had the heated door lock de-icing feature on it. Doesn't work though lol.
            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
            X