No announcement yet.

Drill Press Quill/Spindle Bearing Installation Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right its a high pressure lube, but your right it will foul when you get it conditions right for it to start bonding to surfaces unevenly. Hence as I understood it low temp, low speed, low pressure bearings.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

I got the motor back together tonight. The 6203 and 6204 bearings were an easy fit. I tossed them into the oven at ~190F for 15 minutes and left the rotor at room temp. They slid right into place and grabbed about 3 seconds later. The fit into the end caps of the motor was even easier. Some very light taps with a soft rubber mallet got everything seated. After that, I soldered in the new 400mF start cap and reinstalled the centrifugal switch for the cap circuit. It fired right up and hummed pleasantly pleasantly on the bench.

Hopefully on Friday I will get to the rest of the bearing assemblies in the quill/spindle. It looks like a little heating makes these things a lot easier!

Thanks again for all of the help.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
        STP? Bruh, that is not a locally-sourced, organic, artisanal lubricant from a 51% woman-owned company. Putting that on a tool from Santa Cruz would be a micro-aggression against its gender identity
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
        X