Toe alignment specifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toe alignment specifications

Hello r3v, I need some help figuring out what toe spec I should run on my E30. It's lowered on H&R race with bilstein sport shocks/struts. OEM mounts all around, no camber plates, no eccentic bolts for the rear subframe.

Tires are Federal 595 RS-RR 205/50/15, car is for mainly for the street, autoX sometimes

I know a bone stock E30 should be at 0.08 inch total toe per the bentley manual Section 14, 4.3 Alignment Specifications, which is "toe-in" I believe.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should have the shop set my toe at?

Bentley front E30 alignment specifications:

Bentley rear E30 alignment specifications:
    Last edited by mike87; 04-21-2017, 02:37 PM.

I just run mine with zero toe. It is plenty stable with no toe-in and it should minimize tire wear.

Comment

Also, unless you know your car is tweaked, I wouldn't bother getting a shop alignment. The only thing that is adjustable is front toe, and you can do that yourself. Just line up the front wheels with the rears using a string or tape measure.

Comment

Originally posted by redlightpete View Post
        Also, unless you know your car is tweaked, I wouldn't bother getting a shop alignment. The only thing that is adjustable is front toe, and you can do that yourself. Just line up the front wheels with the rears using a string or tape measure.
        Thanks for the advice! I would love to do it myself, except I have a feeling my rears are toe-in and won't be able to give me a reliable baseline for the fronts.

I've seen the longacre toe plates too, and while they work for correcting toe, they can't determine the overall direction both wheels are pointing

Comment

Just get toe plates. Run zero toe for the street, and bump it up to ~1/8" toe out for autocross. Set toe, drive car. If it pulls, do even adjustments (out on left, in on right) as needed, make sure toe is still good.
          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
            Just get toe plates. Run zero toe for the street, and bump it up to ~1/8" toe out for autocross. Set toe, drive car. If it pulls, do even adjustments (out on left, in on right) as needed, make sure toe is still good.

this is exactly what I did! longacre toe plates did the trick, running total of 1/8" toe out

Comment

Working...
            X