E30 S50 Wang It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 S50 Wang It

First thread/build, bring the hate/love?

1984 325e coupe

Engine:
    Rebuilt S52 OBD1 (By old owner of DynoTech Motorsports Todd)
    M50 manifold
    M50 throttle body
    Metal water pump
    Chip for S52 OBD1
    413 Red ecu
    Getrag 250 5 spd(for now)

Suspension:
    H&R springs/Stock not blown shocks (coils later)
    Turner front camber plates
    Reinforced Garagistic front subframe, rear subframe, trailing arms
    Condor bushings all around Diff,trailing arms,rear subframe,engine mounts,tranny
    Z3 steering rack
    Ireland Engineering Front/Rear sway bars
    New Front/Rear genuine hubs
    FAG wheel bearings
    Turner wheel studs
    No Name Front/Rear strut bars
    Welded stock 2.93 Diff

Interior: Gone (will weigh once running)
    Everything not needed to drive the car is out other than dash
    carpet
    moonroof/castte
    all sound detaining
    doors/window motors stripped (condor windows later)
    Wiring harness gone over (in progress)
    headliner

Fuel:
    Late model pump holder
    walbro 255 pump (in progress)

Brakes:
    Stock calipers
    brass pins?
    (BBK or rx7 later)
    Last edited by Hayden; 06-10-2017, 01:09 AM.

First E30, 1984 325e coupe for $1500 off craigslist almost 3 years ago. Came with an i head and 173 ecu, and thats about all the good things the P/o did. Wiring was held by hooking wires and electrical tape. It did run though but somewhat lean. Bought it in LA, drove 100 miles back to San Diego and had to only stop once . No gaskets weren't leaking from engine. Smoking crazy from oil leaking onto the hot engine.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hayden; 04-02-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

1 fog light and all her glory ;D
      Had a terrible rip off tilt race seat that was moveable by hand.
      P/o decided to 'race car' the drivers side carpet by cutting to were the center console was and spraying a rubber coating. -dont have pics
      Front springs were cut.

Comment

Drove it like this for a while as this was a weekend project car.
        Just polished the paint, put a nardi wood wheel in it instead of the bus wheel, HS metal shop shifter, and basketweves.

Oh did I mention the P/o put hood pins in the fenders then bondo'd over it
        Also put a air horn in that didn't work
        This car was a white toaster turd antichrist
        Attached Files

Comment

Year later started actually wanted to do some more to it. Did maintenance, valve cover gasket, diff fluid, rad flush.

Random mini photoshoot with a homie and his clean late model turbo m20
          Attached Files

Comment

Thought putting wheels on would add 100hp :popcorn: and saw a deal on some 16x8 for a good deal. Downside I traded my basketweves for them plus like $100
            Upside is he threw in a front valance, and late rear valance, and gutter side skirts that were actually cool now that I think about it cause the flex in them.

They used wide spacers forgot mm but the front rubbed like a mother. Bought these in LA too soo naturally I went to a gas station to borrow a screw driver to roll my front fenders to make it home :D

Now the front vs rear 'stance' was visible
            Attached Files

Comment

Wrecked my daily, so then this became my DD. Drove it like this for a like a year. Then my oil pan cracked and trans lost 5th and 2nd close to the same time. Started saving up for oil pan and trans. Got rid of the wide wheels for a cheap set of bottle caps. Then it sat for a solid month or so.
              Attached Files

Comment

Once I had the oil pan I decided to take the engine/trans out while I was saving up for trans to go over the engine since it was leaking and running bad. Maybe replace gaskets and call it good. Once I got into it I took the whole thing apart to the block to learn the engine and give it a overhaul. Also, while i was at it I wanted to grow a pair and go over the harness that the P/o abused.:loco:
                and might as well flock/suede the dash.
                Attached Files

Comment

At this point, I had a daily. So I started to think which direction I should take the car. Not original since that was never the plan. I should have bought a more clean one from the start. So I decided like a weekend/track/drift/Its my car and ill do whatever the fuck I want to it so sit back and watch this clusterfuck type of build.

Comment

I got the block resurfaced and the crank balanced...... but then after some crack I took a step back and was like why should I rebuild the M20? It's not bad since its a 2.7i and after a overhaul it would be pretty peppy. Turbo could be another route but I didn't want to deal with boosting it even though theres forums and kits. I wanted more power but reliable and a solid power band. I wanted to think about it but I decided M20 wasn't the route. After cleaning every part that i was going to reuse I sold the M20 block,head,crank, and accessories. I still have the majority of the brackets to the block if anyone is interested and the oil pump.

Comment

After some time, a friend was parting out his e30. He had an S50b30us and a getrag 260 too. Only thing is theres no head. It was running before but he took the head off for some work and the shop he took it to went under. Forgot the name but basically he lost his head. However he was selling the wiring harness, accessories, clutch, flywheel and everything to make it run. It had 40,XXX miles on it since rebuild. I snagged it up for $1500
                      Attached Files

Comment

It has been sitting without a head on it for a year or so. So naturally I took it all apart.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Did I mention the seller of the S50 welds for his job? So this happened.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Hayden; 04-20-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

So that pretty much is up to speed. Oh I took all the front/rear suspension, brake lines, gas tank out :D Now waiting on some bolts to reinstall suspension. Will take pics this weekend.

Comment

The heads are all the same. It's what goes in them that's different.

If you get an M50 head and want S52 cams, make sure you get the trays and lifters with them and they'll drop in the head.
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X