No announcement yet.

Arc Asylum subframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a look when I changed the oil yesterday, mine's mounted on top as well (predates the reinforcements)
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Glad to see the new design redivision. I will be getting in contact with you soon to have my subframe done as well.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
        I have an IE 25mm sway and it's still higher than the rack/subframe... Are you sure that's an E30 swaybar? It really doesn't look like it is.

Also, another plug for Tyler's communication... Over 75 emails back and forth for my pan/subframe/pickup/xbrace and I've never had an issue.

Don't try to contact people through weird methods, and you shouldn't have a problem.
        Did you say brace???! I've been asking about one for past 1.5 years!!! ;)

Comment

Still haven't test fitted it. I've been meaning to get around to it soon, and then paint it after I know it fits around my exhaust setup.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Just an update on parts.
            Although I haven't been able to get a fully fabricated piece into production, the subframe modifications have been revised even more. They include much stronger sway bar mounts which place the bar on top of the new mount, between the frame rail for better clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cant wait to get mine!
              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Tyler I sent you an email. My swap isn't running yet and I haven't mounted up my sway, I'm curious what it would take to exchange my subframe for the revised version...

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
                  Tyler I sent you an email. My swap isn't running yet and I haven't mounted up my sway, I'm curious what it would take to exchange my subframe for the revised version...

No problem, replied to your email

Comment

Originally posted by TinyT View Post

Just an update on parts.
                    Although I haven't been able to get a fully fabricated piece into production, the subframe modifications have been revised even more. They include much stronger sway bar mounts which place the bar on top of the new mount, between the frame rail for better clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Tyler,

One question on the last picture, is the sway bar mount touching the frame?

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      Tyler,

One question on the last picture, is the sway bar mount touching the frame?
                      In that pic maybe, it's just thrown in there for a quick picture without the mount seated in its pocket and not bolted in. The answer for this setup is no it doesn't touch with Ireland 2 bolt mounts.
                      Last edited by TinyT; 04-28-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Tyler, thanks for updating the subframe with top mount and more bracing! Looks great! Unfortunately I already cut mine off and am welding a reinforced bracket to the existing chassis rails right at the ~45ยบ part upper bend, but this is what I wanted in the end anyway for an in car adjustable blade setup on bearings.

Evolution of a part at its finest! BTW I will have a trans brace to loan you for the GS6-37BZ/DZ (6 Speed WAY more common and cheaper) to copy for use with the E90 trans mount if you want shortly enough so that people have another easy option along with correct length shifter linkage for said setup for AKG DTM shifter.
                        Last edited by R3Z3N; 04-28-2017, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TinyT View Post
                          In that pic maybe, it's just thrown in there for a quick picture without the mount seated in its pocket and not bolted in. The answer for this setup is no it doesn't touch with Ireland 2 bolt mounts.
                          Thanks Tyler, I was able to get my oil pan off today. I will probably ship tomorrow.

Comment

Wow, I really like the design of the updated subframes. Definitely gives more more confidence to go rear sump for my M54 swap.
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I'm not sure Tyler is doing m54 setups anymore. Given all the problems I encountered not sure I would recommend his stuff to others.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cwlo View Post
                                I'm not sure Tyler is doing m54 setups anymore. Given all the problems I encountered not sure I would recommend his stuff to others.

Chris
                                What problems

Comment

Working...
                                X